price of rabbit

went in my local meat market today,saw some rabbit at £2.50 a pound,couldn,t believe it, i,ve been giving em away for free :wallbash: . also it said..rabbit,fresh then frozen,,imported from china. do we not have enough in this country or what..me thinks the stallholders may pay a decent price for some fresh bunnies, so i may be able to corner the local market...........

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Wouldn't bet on cornering anything, mate. In Hull, a few years ago, I saw tame rabbits selling at eight and ten quid a piece!

But the price we get for rabbits has been around the thirty bob mark for as many years. You tell me!

Also, there's still a sneaking, 'racial' sort of niggle with the british people today. They still associate wild rabbits with myxi. They feel safer eating long dead, pellet fed, skinned alive chink shit.

Wouldn't bet on cornering anything, mate. In Hull, a few years ago, I saw tame rabbits selling at eight and ten quid a piece!

But the price we get for rabbits has been around the thirty bob mark for as many years. You tell me!

Also, there's still a sneaking, 'racial' sort of niggle with the british people today. They still associate wild rabbits with myxi. They feel safer eating long dead, pellet fed, skinned alive chink shit.

SPOT ON

Give me wild rabbit any day. I recently paid £2.99 each for rabbit. I could tell just by looking at it that it was farmed, but it was all I could get. This had a little label on it saying it was from China, as well. I won't be buying them again, as they don't even come close to the wild ones. My local fishmongers are selling wild ones for £4.50 each at the moment, and although it's a bit pricey, I'd rather get fewer of theirs, than buy those farmed ones that the other butcher is selling.

The best deal I've ever found on wild rabbit was on Bury market @ 2 for £6. And he let me have 10 for £26.

My ferrets eat loads of rabbit if I can get it at a good price, so if you lived near me, then I'd gladly take them off your hands. I'm in Manchester though :(

Give me wild rabbit any day. I recently paid £2.99 each for rabbit. I could tell just by looking at it that it was farmed, but it was all I could get. This had a little label on it saying it was from China, as well. I won't be buying them again, as they don't even come close to the wild ones. My local fishmongers are selling wild ones for £4.50 each at the moment, and although it's a bit pricey, I'd rather get fewer of theirs, than buy those farmed ones that the other butcher is selling.

The best deal I've ever found on wild rabbit was on Bury market @ 2 for £6. And he let me have 10 for £26.

My ferrets eat loads of rabbit if I can get it at a good price, so if you lived near me, then I'd gladly take them off your hands. I'm in Manchester though :(

you could have got 26 for a tenner here

you could have got 26 for a tenner here

not off me, i cant get enough for my butcher, last year when i stopped ferreting he put an advert in the local paper for more :big_boss:

he sells them at £2.49 and i get half that money

went in my local meat market today,saw some rabbit at £2.50 a pound,couldn,t believe it, i,ve been giving em away for free :wallbash: . also it said..rabbit,fresh then frozen,,imported from china. do we not have enough in this country or what..me thinks the stallholders may pay a decent price for some fresh bunnies, so i may be able to corner the local market...........

Tell ya mate, skin and gut them, in a plastic bag and GIVE THEM AWAY to customers and maybe the landlords of your local pub.

You'll usually get a pint put in, about the best part of 3 quid round here!

hi ditch shitter.don,t know about the folks from barnsley being bothered about myxi.i think theyed eat the feckin ferrets if they where cheap enough...come on you reds for sunday...............

i cant sell rabbit for human consumption in australia. so when i sell it to some one who is using them for dog food i say"i cant stop you form buying some for you to eat". has worked in the past. :thumbs:

i cant sell rabbit for human consumption in australia. so when i sell it to some one who is using them for dog food i say"i cant stop you form buying some for you to eat". has worked in the past. :thumbs:

Do you ever go out and get big numbers of them and sell them to the pet food industry , like the shooters do with roo's ? ? cheers TOMO :)

selling wild rabbits in my neck of the woods for7.50 each and 4.20 for saddle and 2 back legs,used to be a cheap meal for the poorer familys,butchers cashing in again,still give you nothing for them when youve got aload to get rid off

lilly ferret doesnt drive she explaied in another post she would like to go ferreting i offered a day out for her but i live quite far away she forks out on rabbits so she can feed her ferrets the top food instead like so maney owners feeding just dry :thumbs:

Yes, that's right. I don't think I'd be brave enough to do the dispatching of the rabbits myself, but I wouldn't mind the opportunity to go along and see how it's all done :D