middleton terrier

im new to this site so sorry if this questions being asked before does any any one work a middleton bred terrier and whats the chance of getting one that works or are they more for the shows now? :icon_redface:

im new to terriers mate mine is got middleton blood on the dams side hes around 18-19 months ,he was admittedly given to me as he wont go to ground but he used to work with a beagle pack and is a good little bushing dog,he is still young and he may yet go i dont know time will tell.

dogs002.jpg

nice looking terrier

im new to this site so sorry if this questions being asked before does any any one work a middleton bred terrier and whats the chance of getting one that works or are they more for the shows now? :icon_redface:

im new to terriers mate mine is got middleton blood on the dams side hes around 18-19 months ,he was admittedly given to me as he wont go to ground but he used to work with a beagle pack and is a good little bushing dog,he is still young and he may yet go i dont know time will tell.

dogs002.jpg

nice looking terrier

is that jim?

thats jim yes :D

Guest merlin

saw a few middleton dogs graft and they are good stuff,the fact that they are good to look at bumps the price up.

personally only ever paid £100 for a dog,and that's my benchmark.

I wouldnt give you 1 million Kahoonas for a middleton dog, seen them on many planets and its mainly there owners that should be in another universe for thinking that they still have the minerals

Keep em peeled :victory:

i had one pal used to fold foxes in half but would not entertain them others
Guest john the baptist
got a middleton bred bitch last season only 1 year old had not seen anything after one season has settled well had lots of work and has done the bussiness have also got a red dog same way bred now 9 years old and can not fault him seems to get better with age these are both middleton bred dogs will probbably breed them this year i did not set out to own a set strain but these came along and do the job in fact would keep any type that does the job the old dog sees between 80 and 100 foxes a year and has never let u down very typey looking could probably show but i have no interrest inthat

That's a hell of a lot of foxs for 1 terrier in a season. What is the dogs working style? Hasn't he got harder with age? My old lakiex bitch got harder and harder every year, though she was only worked to foxes. Too hard for her own good really. Regards, john

got a middleton bred bitch last season only 1 year old had not seen anything after one season has settled well had lots of work and has done the bussiness have also got a red dog same way bred now 9 years old and can not fault him seems to get better with age these are both middleton bred dogs will probbably breed them this year i did not set out to own a set strain but these came along and do the job in fact would keep any type that does the job the old dog sees between 80 and 100 foxes a year and has never let u down very typey looking could probably show but i have no interrest inthat

That's a hell of a lot of foxs for 1 terrier in a season. What is the dogs working style? Hasn't he got harder with age? My old lakiex bitch got harder and harder every year, though she was only worked to foxes. Too hard for her own good really. Regards, john

beleive it or not hes got wiser when young was a very hard dog thougt we would only get a couple of seasons out of him took a lot of stick but by the time he reached his third season steady right up still takes the odd bang but does not tend to get bashed to badly as we only got 2 terriers at the moment and we work them every week cant afford to have them laid up for to long dog will still kill a fox if given the chance and ussualy when you break though he will rush for a hold but in his first couple of seasons it was all out war from the minute he found until you broke in and did not matter how long you took