longnetting

hi guys..been ferreting for many years but never used longnets..the permission i,ve just aquired is taylor made for longnetting..just need to know how difficult it is for a beginner, obviously expertese comes with experience. any advice would be very welcome ..cheers .kev.............

if you have the available funds, I'd suggest you buy a quickset longnet, hopefully get one thats already set up, then its quite easy, all you would do, is with basket around neck, place first pole in ground and walk backwards, the bag etc would already be set up for you,

although I started with a normal longnet and seperate poles,

a picture , saves a thousand words. theres plenty pics on this site off longnetting, both daytime with the ferts , and night time.

there are also one or two fims , scour ebay for long netting with g, waters. or brian brinded .

also brinded does a demo at game fairs , get along to one and watch. brinded aint the most popular fella on here, but he does do a bit.

but the best way is go out with some one already using one .