Coat clippers

I have a friend with a collie sized dog with a really long and thick coat which needs cliping now and then,

And now that i have a rough coat dog myself i expect i`ll be needing some clippers too,

Anyone have any recomendations on whats best to buy, ???

Thanks in advance, Mars.

I have a friend with a collie sized dog with a really long and thick coat which needs cliping now and then,

And now that i have a rough coat dog myself i expect i`ll be needing some clippers too,

Anyone have any recomendations on whats best to buy, ???

Thanks in advance, Mars.

well my initial advise is simply DONT DO IT!!!! :thumbdown:

Clipping just makes it thicker and softer, and for a rough coated dog (lurcher?) it would be a huge mistake....why on earth would you want to clip it??? Anyway that said, and if you dont want to heed the advise, my next advise is get it done professionally unless you want dog to look like badly shorn sheep. final advise if all above is ignored.....then dont buy a pair of £9.99 argos specials they will never be man enough...you need a pair of OsterA5 or Andis pro body, with a no 7f blade.

landroverwheelnjoe003.jpg

Thanks Farlap, this is my lurcher pup, i was thinking to clip him during the summer months just for his comfort realy, during the winter "working months" he`ll be left with his rough coat and groomed and stripped as needed,

My friends dog however is another story it has a very dense Poodle type coat that is fecking murder when out on a walk, getting coverd in shite and stuff always getting snaged in it`s coat. :censored:

I googled dog clippers and :censored: have you seen the price of them clipper things :icon_eek:

But then again to get it done at a groomers is £30 a time. :censored:

Yis Mars.

Despite what farlap says I got clippers from Wilkinsons at £9.99 and they are really good ( cant remember name but are recognised make that starts with w) I shave my terrier cos in summer she roasts. Dont do her after september I leave her till spring.

I give her a number 3 she loves it, plus mud and stuff comes off easier.

Just my opinion though, feck everyone else.

Used to do my terrier occcaisionally cos i couldn't be arsed to strip him out properly.

Got a few £10 jobbys from the local cheapy shop..

They worked for one cut. Then got some Wahl ones from the pet shop. £32 but still good after about 5 cuts.

i shave my dog all the time . she is only a pet though . but i use a pair of ceramic blade ones cost 20 quid from woolworths lasted 5 times as long as the last pair of steel bladed ones i had .