which is best

can anyone help me? torn between an air arms s200 or a bsa ultra which is better?

Hello mate!!

I have not used or owned any of these guns but I have held them both and had a good look in my local gun shop. Below you can see the specs of both guns, It all depends in my opinion what kind of shooting you wish to do ratting, rabbits etc. The ultra is smaller and may be a bit more pointable but because of this you loose out on how many shots per charge you can have. Ignore the 12ft/lb for the ultra and 11.5 ft/lb for the s200 as the ultra will be arround the same, no gun is bang on 12 ft/lb. In my opinion the cocking and loading of the ultra is a bit more complicated by this i mean you have to use the small cocking thing at the front of the stock and then load you pellet, as apose to the s200 where the cocking and loading action is all done by a bolt in one operation. You can buy the ultra in a multi shot version and you can also buy a multi shot adapter for the s200. I was thinking about PX my solo for an s200 and the feedback i recieved about the s200 from alot of people on the forum was nothing but good!

I would personally go for the s200 but iam sure the ultra is just as capable with only a few drawbacks. But at the end of the day get down to your local gun shop and have a good old look at both guns and decide for your self iam sure you would not be disapointed with either.

Hope this helps.

Ultra Technical Specifications

Type: Precharged

Calibre: .177/.22

Single/Multishot Single

Shot Capacity .177 - 30/.22 - 40

Trigger 2 Stage adjustable

Weight: 2.6kg/5.9lbs

O/A length: 734mm/32.5"

Barrel length: 265mm/10.4"

Power: 12 ft/lbs

Open Sights: No

Dove Tail Yes

Quick-Charge

Adaptor Supplied: Yes

Silencer: Included

Ideal for: Hunting

Stock: Beech

S200S Specification

O/A length 910mm

Caliber 4.5mm(.177") & 5.5(.22)

Barrel Length 485mm

Stock Beech

Weight 2.65kg

Std power 11.5ft/lbs

Loading Bolt action

Shots per 190bar fill 50-60

Maximum filling pressure 190 bar (2750 psi) * *

Edited by LOGUNSOLO177

Hi, i agree with Logun, if i was to choose between the two, i would go for the Air Arms S200 as you get 60 shots instead of 40 and you can also get an 10 shot conversion kit for the S200 replacing the single shot, making the Air Arms S200 a brilliant little rifle.

Thanks.