liked the look of the modified pro victor rat trap, but could'ent get my hands on any of that make, and as Im a night worker, we only get Issued with poisons and boxes,

since getting chickens last month, I knew it would'ent be long before rats showed up, so already have a mk4 set up under a bucket , anyway, popped into "wilkinsons" and all they had was "the big cheese" at £3.99 each, how doe's that compare with victor?

have modified one, and left one as is, to see if we get a different hit rate between the two traps, must say, putting the sliver of wood under the rear spring bars, certainly Increases the strike

liked the look of the modified pro victor rat trap, but could'ent get my hands on any of that make, and as Im a night worker, we only get Issued with poisons and boxes,

since getting chickens last month, I knew it would'ent be long before rats showed up, so already have a mk4 set up under a bucket , anyway, popped into "wilkinsons" and all they had was "the big cheese" at £3.99 each, how doe's that compare with victor?

have modified one, and left one as is, to see if we get a different hit rate between the two traps, must say, putting the sliver of wood under the rear spring bars, certainly Increases the strike

pro victor from killgerm is £2.03 each, in a box of 12

I use the modified Victors, and yes the power increase is useful, but I think the chin bar is the most important thing. The cage of course ensures all head kills, I have had personal advice from Snareman and others and all my traps will now be modified in this way. An unadorned trap will allow the beastie to approach from any angle, limbs, tails, noses all sorts will be struck, but with the cage and the chin bar, its neck break time EVERY time.

H

accessed me pictures :clapper:

post-5267-1206561383.jpg

going by whats been said on prices, thats around £3.05 per victor trap, so the big cheese at an extra 94p aint bad as you can buy singularly

just noticed Ive made a mistake on the position of the chin bar, will leave as is, and see what happens, but will convert the second on tomorrow

Guest Ditch_Shitter
pro victor from killgerm is £2.03 each, in a box of 12

Plus VAT plus about £8 carriage, which is a bit of a crippler :(

Just speak nicely to Louise. She's not The Green Eyed Monster and she Has heard of " Parcel Post " ;)

had a couple of pictures to put up, but my phones gone haywire and i cant access them :wallbash:
stubby, the big cheese don,t match up to the victor for quality and power, and the kill bar is weaker , you need to pull the sring prongs at the back , out straight and hammer in a couple panel pins in at the outside of each prong to keep them from sliding inwards into a V shape , your chin bar should be a half inch high , and pointed , not flat , chin bars can be made from galv. wire in the shape of a goal post , or a small length of any right angled metal, on the whole , i wouldn,t buy those big cheese , ive had them and in my opinion they are crap , as ditchy says phone the girl from killgerm, or contact matt the rat who is on this site he sells them. all in all the victor wins hands down with me .