MURTON SHOW

Alright everyone

Went to the above show yesterday with a few of my mates and dogs just for the crack and a day out.i took both my lurchers and stuck them in the ring not expecting to get anything,,,,,But i was over the moon when my bull cross won his class and i stuck them in the pairs and they won that aswell ha ha..couldnt adam and eve it...

was anyone else there?

scotty

Guest joe ox

The dogs what won the bull x class looked nothing like bull crosses IMO and that was the opinion of most people I talked to there. There was at least 10 bull crosses in that class what looked like a bull cross what didnt even get placed!

Edited by joe ox

exactly what i thought mate he`s only got quarter bull in him,,my mates huge black bull cross which is a cracking dog may i add didnt even get placed,like i said i couldnt believe it when i got picked out never mind winning it..i think the judge liked brindles..still happy though,,

scotty

Guest joe ox

The judge picked similar type dogs for every class. I talked to that judge and his wife (the other lurcher judge) about 10 year ago at alston, he said to me "Iam pleased hunting with dogs is going to get banned because of some of the people who are getting into it these days" I was also told he phoned the RSPCA on someone who entered a dog with scar's on its face in a show! I dont know how true that is though.

Edited by joe ox
The dogs what won the bull x class looked nothing like bull crosses IMO and that was the opinion of most people I talked to there. There was at least 10 bull crosses in that class what looked like a bull cross what didnt even get placed!

is there a breed standard for a bull cross then.

The judge picked similar type dogs for every class. I talked to that judge and his wife (the other lurcher judge) about 10 year ago at alston, he said to me "Iam pleased hunting with dogs is going to get banned because of some of the people who are getting into it these days" I was also told he phoned the RSPCA on someone who entered a dog with scar's on its face in a show! I dont know how true that is though.

Know exactly who you mean Joe a fair few years ago our lass did the rounds with the borders at kc shows this man turned up and refused to show the dogs hed brought as he didnt like the competition and when our lass was in the show ring did nothing but twist that it was bread from curs as it happened she was out jimmy sinnots good border .Who died prematurely at graft and that was the last show we went to.Speak as you find with the pair find them like many more interested in their own notoriety than working their dogs!

Before i went into the ring i was told that he wouldnt place a scared dog ,,,and he told me at the end of the show he ""prefered" brindles!!! which is very biast imo,,also my mates brindle bitch won her class and the dog is ugly as sin ha ha,,like i say my dog wasnt the best dog in that ring,,just the judge thought it was!!!!!!!

scotty