ferreting in a blizzard

well, I awoke to a wet, but not raining morning, having cancelled this particular trip out once, a little bit of rain wer'nt going to stop us, well by the time the missus was up, it had started to rain, richie had phoned to say, it was snowing at his gaff, but I assured him (fingers crossed) the day would be ok, had a new member to the forum (ferreter216) coming out with us for the day, so did'nt want to cancel on him either, well we saw all kinds of weather on-route, dry/rain/sleet/hail stones/snow, but we got there (harlow) and everything had stopped and it looked ok ish,

was an enjoyable day, as we took our jack russel, for her first spot of rabbiting, and for an 8yr old, she didnt do bad, marking a few holes where rabbits were hiding/backing out, or holes that held ferrets, she just needs a bit of practice jumping the longnets

anyway, heres a few pictures of the day

although we only took 8 rabbits home, at least 6 of them were carrying young, and the ferts had killed quite a few babys underground, as they were blooded and we saw a few of the chases, so from a pest control point of view, I reckon we accounted for 50+ rabbits

post-5267-1206221340_thumb.jpg

post-5267-1206221232.jpg

post-5267-1206221751_thumb.jpg

post-5267-1206221621.jpg

post-5267-1206221713.jpg

post-5267-1206221492.jpg

post-5267-1206221555.jpg

post-5267-1206221663_thumb.jpg

guess who the last one is off

well done richie and ferreter216, and my missus

well, I awoke to a wet, but not raining morning, having cancelled this particular trip out once, a little bit of rain wer'nt going to stop us, well by the time the missus was up, it had started to rain, richie had phoned to say, it was snowing at his gaff, but I assured him (fingers crossed) the day would be ok, had a new member to the forum (ferreter216) coming out with us for the day, so did'nt want to cancel on him either, well we saw all kinds of weather on-route, dry/rain/sleet/hail stones/snow, but we got there (harlow) and everything had stopped and it looked ok ish,

was an enjoyable day, as we took our jack russel, for her first spot of rabbiting, and for an 8yr old, she didnt do bad, marking a few holes where rabbits were hiding/backing out, or holes that held ferrets, she just needs a bit of practice jumping the longnets

anyway, heres a few pictures of the day

although we only took 8 rabbits home, at least 6 of them were carrying young, and the ferts had killed quite a few babys underground, as they were blooded and we saw a few of the chases, so from a pest control point of view, I reckon we accounted for 50+ rabbits

post-5267-1206221340_thumb.jpg

post-5267-1206221232.jpg

post-5267-1206221751_thumb.jpg

post-5267-1206221621.jpg

post-5267-1206221713.jpg

post-5267-1206221492.jpg

post-5267-1206221555.jpg

post-5267-1206221663_thumb.jpg

guess who the last one is off

well done richie and ferreter216

better man than me i walked run the house with electric blanket on my shoulders till about 10 oclock sometimes its not what you bring back its what you account for thats pest control good job that

thanks for a good day out stubby it was nice to meet you

the misses and richie hope to see again in the near future

well im already looking for a longnet cant wait to get one thanks for making me feel welcome

and helping me out with them poles and batterys much appreciated. :thumbs:

all in all a good day thanks again.

ps.poor old dent :D

Interesting, because never having seen one, I always imagined them to be smaller and somehow placed right up to the edge, covering some holes that were in a straight line - thinking about it now, I expect you don't get many holes in a straight line. Anyway, thanks, I've learnt something new tonight :D

Why has the terrier got a fecking coat on,he'll have a fecking complex.............you nasty bugger! :whistling:

its a bullet proof jacket theyve really good these days come in camo as well all the lads got them down here heard they are going to do them for ferrets but i think it was a wind up :hmm: