Basket And Poles

Guest world.hunters

Guest world.hunters

iv jsut aquired a 125yard long net. just wondering what is used to make the baskets as i fancy having ago at makeing me own, and how many poles would you reccomend, i think ill split it into 3 seperate shorter long nets.

W.h

I would have said you have three options, either

a 100yd'er and 25

a 75 and 50

2x 50 and a 25, of course the more seperate nets you make, the more poles are needed, I tend to use a pole, every 5yds so its easy to work out, use a white pole or a black one with coloured tape on the top, to give you a visual aid to the first pole, once they are in the net (bag)

magnum do some decent fibreglass poles, you can order them in black or white, they come complete with rubber grommets (for attaching net to) and rubber tops for aid in pushing into ground, if you order more than 10, they cost just over the £3 mark

I personnal would say to order a basket off them too, its around £50, but you then get free postage, although I found the basket to be a little small (net) and have made a larger one

making yourself you would need to get some metal rod of some description, a welder and some pictures/photo's to work from, then get it sprayed or powder coated to stop the rust

iv jsut aquired a 125yard long net. just wondering what is used to make the baskets as i fancy having ago at makeing me own, and how many poles would you reccomend, i think ill split it into 3 seperate shorter long nets.

W.h

Just remember that you will also need to make allowance for your tied in bagging, so you won't get 125 yds of whatever net sizes you decide to break them down into

You may get a 50yd and 25yd but thats going to be pushing it, if your going to do it properly..

Edited by devonlad

W.h

the baskets are made of metal, if ya can weld its easy to make one.

as far as making shorter ones it depends on what you want the net for.

are you sure its 125 yards long? it seems an odd length. is there plenty bag in it . if not make it 100 rds or 2 fifty yarders

Guest world.hunters

i havnt had a chance to fully extend it to mesure myself but the bloke i got it off said its 125yards.

is there any cheeper alternatives for poles from any DIY shops?????

Guest world.hunters
i once had the same idea but thought they might be abit thick.

worked for other people i know :whistling:

and i bet that "other" persons went to the shop and baught them from a golf shop :whistling:

i once had the same idea but thought they might be abit thick.

worked for other people i know :whistling:

and i bet that "other" persons went to the shop and baught them from a golf shop :whistling:

try the ones of electric sheep netting,there light and have a 6"steel spike on the bottom,easy to put in even in frozen ground,about 3 ft long, just cut some down to 2ft to use on a traddition net