HELP WHERE DO I START NEW MEMBER!!

Hi all from a new member!

I' Andy from Sheffield I am 26 & very new to hunting which I want to get into with my 9 month old bitch - she's a cross between a lab and a springer. I'm wanting a few pointers on where to start and how I can go out either doing my own shooting/retriving and hopefully take home and cook on an old fashioned solid fuel Arga or join a local club or something - Where do I start?

Thanks all in advance

novice hunter Andy

Hi all from a new member!

I' Andy from Sheffield I am 26 & very new to hunting which I want to get into with my 9 month old bitch - she's a cross between a lab and a springer. I'm wanting a few pointers on where to start and how I can go out either doing my own shooting/retriving and hopefully take home and cook on an old fashioned solid fuel Arga or join a local club or something - Where do I start?

Thanks all in advance

novice hunter Andy

Welcome.....

Are you going to be shooting too or just interested in working your dog?

As a novice (I take it from what you say that you are) it can be a minefield and there is no set route into it; as a starter I would get down to your local gun shop, they shouldhave details of any local gun dog clubs etc

If you want to start shooting get down to a clay ground for a lesson, thats the best way to learn and progress. If its gun dogs, a quick Google search should find a club or trainer in your area, also BASC have a dedicated gun dog adviser, I can give you her number; and NOBS are woth a try too if its the beating/picking up side that interests you.

If you want any more details or info, just PM me what you are looking to get into and I'll help if I can.

Chris