Lost ferret

Hi sorry to post this am new here and not sure if i can post this but am desperate.

Lost my hob last night due to the high winds he escaped and is now roaming somewhere round the nantwich area if anyone sees him he is a sandy colour with choclate legs and tail please take him to stapley grange . he is extremely friendly and im worried sick about him. hes not a worker he was a rescue and is about 5- 6 years old.

thanks for your time

thanks for the repley and suggestions. i have contatced everyone i can think of even stood quietly while the woman from the rspca shputed at me for not having him microchipped even though we explained why he was not (been on lots of meds due to skin condition) He has escaped before but he was caught the nex day the thing was he was found quite a long way away from the house. it seems he just runs and runs untill he is caught.

thanks again for the support

if he got out before, how come his quarters/hutch were not escape proof this time, dont wanna sound like Im on your case like an rspca officer, but it does come across as poor husbandry if this has happened before

if he got out before, how come his quarters/hutch were not escape proof this time, dont wanna sound like Im on your case like an rspca officer, but it does come across as poor husbandry if this has happened before

the first time someone let him out so we changed his hutch and run the wind broke not only the door hinges but also the two locks on the door

trust me we did everything possible to keep him in. the winds were just extremley strong the other night

I lost my hob 3 weeks ago tomorrow because of the wind and i havent found him yet, its awfull when you dont know if they are OK or not and personally id rather see them die and know they are dead rather than worrying where they are and what they are doing all the time :(.

I still dont know if mine is dead or alive after all this time and ive been looking for him EVERY DAY since the day i lost him and im going out with the lamp to look for him at 9:00 tonight :wacko:.

I hope you find him and the best of luck.

Luke.

I lost my hob 3 weeks ago tomorrow because of the wind and i havent found him yet, its awfull when you dont know if they are OK or not and personally id rather see them die and know they are dead rather than worrying where they are and what they are doing all the time :(.

I still dont know if mine is dead or alive after all this time and ive been looking for him EVERY DAY since the day i lost him and im going out with the lamp to look for him at 9:00 tonight :wacko:.

I hope you find him and the best of luck.

Luke.

I know what you mean i havet slept since monday am about to fall into a coma i think am so worried but you can only do so much against the weather. i hope you find your hob i will keep my fingers crossed for you. have you tired advertsing on animal search uk its a free website where you can put up details about your lost pet also try the british ferret club lost and found section.

as for live traps i was thinking about that but would proberly end up with nexts door cat stuck in it :doh: but i will probably set a couple anything is worth a try.

yeh as ron weasely says , try a couple livecatch traps in the area and place some bedding of the ferrets around aswell something that the ferret knows , that might work not sure but anything is worth a try , hope you find him mate good luck

liam

salem is now home safe and sound after his big adventure. traveled a mile then raided someones kitchen luckly they kept him then saw my poster in the local shop. so off to the vets tomorrow cos he has a bad eye and then microchipped and the little monster is having a coller fittied ( wonder if you can get sat nav for tthem)

thanks for the support and suggestions