your biggest regrets

Guest gaia

Working 20 years at the same place, being told what to do by fecking halfwits, taking more slaver than anyone ever should, long hours and the constant feeling of being pretty un a feckin appreciated and the boss was a right knob. That about sums up my last job but thankfully that is in the past, got a great job now more or less my own boss, good money & holidays plenty of travelling, decent pension & for the first time job satisfaction. Don't fear a change of circumstances just go for it you never know when the opportunity will come again you may be pleasently suprised, I know I was and should have made the break years ago that is my only regret never looked back since.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had the chance to move to county donigal about 15 years ago but work was scarce so i didn't go, not long after there was loads of work & i'm stuck here with no job because i got sick of being treated like a c**t daft realy but when the red mist

comes theres feck all you can do. go for it lad & good luck

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Yes. I regret that my second wife will never come back to me :cry: I have a soft spot for her. In fact, I have Acres of soft spots out there. And I now have the capability to take her f*cking head apart at a good 150+ yards! C***!

That aside? I just would rather I'd come straight here six years ago, rather than the three. Why did I waste another three years proving to myself that No Where under the rule of that shower of c***s that hold sway over you lot is worth enduring?

Oh; And having that brit prick living just 100 yards up from me. Why oh Why couldn't I have had just the one more decent, Irish farming stock man who knows the craic? Instead of That wet lipped wanker and his bunny hugging slapper?

If youve got nothing to tie you down , then i would probably say go for it. You will probably spend the rest of your days regretting it.

When youve got a mortgage its a lot harder to do. :(

Then again, i worked hard and ive about paid mine off now so im glad i never. ;)

DONE A BIT OF TRAVLING AND WORKING ABROAD , GREAT TIMES AND GOT SOME REAL FRIENDS FROM IT :yes:

I REGRET THAT I DIDN'T DO MORE AND GO WITH THEM WHEN THEY MOVED ON , I CAME BACK HERE, THE WENT TO SOUTH AMERICA :no: IT WAS A BIG MISTAKE.

GLAD I GOT ALL THE PARTYING AND HEADONISTICK LIFESTYLE OUT MY SYSTEM IN MY LATE 20- AND EARLY 30 .

WOULD HATE TO BE ONE OF THOSE GUYS IN THERE 40s regreting getting with the mrs and having kids.

couldn't be happier now , but i do regret not doing that when i had the oppertunity.

I regret not putting some rounds into an iraqi cock head who tried to shoot me and my buddys but his rifle jammed from about 5 yards,it makes me wince when i think about it if he had cleaned his gat properly ,but apart from that ve got a good job that i love a great fiance with a kid on the way and my dogs,,

scotty :drink:

I have no ties so that is not a problem and I have always saved 40% of any income so money would be ok it's just that I am super cautious! The last time I did something on the spur of the moment I ended up married at 19 to a man who was 27 years older than me and that was a total disaster, but that as they say is another story!

Still iffing and arring about it all! :icon_eek:

I don't regret anything that made me happy at the time.

If I could go back i'd have been older when I had my daughter but its certainly not a regret. :thumbs:

Gaia, i'd do it in your position, you'll have a ball! :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oldskool
So have you passed up the chance to do something great and later regreted it?

I have a chance to go traveling with my best friend but I am uming and arring about it.

if you have no real ties holding you back then just go... i did and it was brilliant... me and the gf travelled around together and had the time of our lives... we travelled Oz and then came home, worked a while, and travelled around home... camping, fishing, lamping etc, it was fantastic... i knew she was the one for me by the time our travelling ended... pure magic!!!