suspected anti

hi all went along today up to aberystwyth to meet the fellow who rang about the dog. got their about 8 o clock i took my good lakeland dog and a pup thats just started aswell as the pup that was for sale. Anyway cut a long story short turns out that he was a genuine terrier man and has thousends of acers of permission and not enough time or dogs to cover it. we pulled up to an earth about 12 holes collerd up the dog and droped him in it took about half hour for him to back his quarry into a block end. a few more minuets to settle and we had a reading of 2.5 on the bellmont. We soon found out why he invited us i think hes had a bad experience with a shovel lol. :hmm: Anyway three hours later we broke through and the quary was humainly dispatche. :thumbs: he has invited us back up next season. a true terrier man an a true gentleman. :drink:

so it turns out not everyone is bad :clapper:

A good result then :drink:

reading back through this thread you have got to laugh at some of the replies, you worry about the anti's messing up the sport, but thinking about it :hmm: ........if everyone continues to be too wary and paranoid about meeting new people and getting out........well in my opinion that aproach will kill the use of pest control with dogs a lot quicker than blanking people because you think they are an anti :yes:

W'eve got to stick together if you want to keep it, preserve it and pass it down to the next generation :big_boss:

Nice one Topshot a good result :thumbs: ....How many acres :icon_eek:;)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reading back through this thread you have got to laugh at some of the replies, you worry about the anti's messing up the sport, but thinking about it :hmm: ........if everyone continues to be too wary and paranoid about meeting new people and getting out........well in my opinion that aproach will kill the use of pest control with dogs a lot quicker than blanking people because you think they are an anti :yes:

W'eve got to stick together if you want to keep it, preserve it and pass it down to the next generation :big_boss:

very true i think be a little cautious though

a bit of caution goes a long way as you never no what people have got on there mind a lot of decent guys and galls do get caught out and get shafted but all folks are not what they seem ????????????? even people that yous call good freinds can turn on you in a flash !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Bit of advice for those not sure .

Get as much information about the fella before meeting anyone ,quizz him on the dogs ,breeding ,workstyle and anything else you think of .Antis arn't that well up on genuine facts and that is what you need to base an informed decision on .Be wary of those with no permission ,that want to work your ground with your dogs ,definate no no and no video footage whatsoever :thumbdown:

Did he keep white dogs by any chance?............tall fella?

:D:D:D

The pro's have quads and I've heard flu's going around .

Go Jerry !!! , have a mutton kebab .

You cant be too carefull, I hear there are a lot of messers down that part of the world........lol

i had a phone call today about a pup my mate is selling. this guy said he dont want to say much about what he works because he dont know who hes talking to whitch i think is fair enough. anyway i told him about the pup then in the next breath he invited us up for a days digging do any one else think thats a bit strange or am i just being parranoid :thumbs:

if you do decied to go stand back and watch also let them use their dogs dont take yours! thats if you are that parrnoid, you've proberky got nowt to worry about