Pricing up Dog food

Guest Rabbiteer

Guest world.hunters

Nice one mate

what mincer do you use im looking out for one soon but in needs to be able to handle all the bones etc and withstand quite alot of work as me and a mate are going 2 ways on one.

W.h

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rabbiteer
Nice one mate

what mincer do you use im looking out for one soon but in needs to be able to handle all the bones etc and withstand quite alot of work as me and a mate are going 2 ways on one.

W.h

Myself and Chalkwarren minced some lamb ribs for a laugh, and it managed those easily enough................................

why mince food alway sgave them it on the bone either raw or cooked never had a problem i minced rabbits up once but to much hassle skin them a quick biol kill the worms and chuck them in with there dried food and rabbit gravy

Good post this is.

I am getting my first lurcher this year so at the minute i am getting as much info as i can about looking after them.Being my first lurcher i want to get thing right so the dog is healthy and happy so keep the info coming

MEMO TO ME GET A MINCER :laugh:

For those of you wanting to feed raw, i recomend 'The Barf Diet' by Ian Billinghurst. Theres alot of info in that book on balancing the diet right and overcoming problems (down to not beeing balanced).

Great book, with all you need to know in it :victory:

Guest Rabbiteer
why mince food

Storage space!....Rabbiteer only has a small freezer, but I think he just likes mincing.. :laugh:

People have commented before that I do have a slightly camp walk................................................................... :kiss:

Edited by Rabbiteer
Guest bezza
why mince food

Storage space!....Rabbiteer only has a small freezer, but I think he just likes mincing.. :laugh:

People have commented before that I do have a slightly camp walk................................................................... :kiss:

:clapper::clapper:

• 4 months later...

i know not many of you are from sheffield but does anyone now of a local source to sheffield for barf feed?tried my local butcher and he will only give me lamb ribs, and only a few at a time, they also dnt seem to have much meat on them? thanks alot. also when u peaopl say chicken carcasses does that mean they have had the breast meat etc taken off? sorry for questions just desperate to get my dogs diet changed. at the moment i have 1 lurcher and 3 spaniels also 3 ferrets, so need a fair amount. (got freezer space) thanks alot adam

Guest markbrick1
Hiya,

A friend who lives down the road to me advised me to feed meaty bones to the dogs. With many thanks to him I have been doing this for a while now and it wasnt untill yesterday that I sat down and worked out how much it actually costs me to feed my dogs.

I buy a box of chicken carcases from the dealer for £6per 20kg. I then spend two hours mincing it and weighing it in to one pound bags. Before the comments start flying I only mince it because I have a small freezer and it allows me to make the most of the space.

Anyway...........................

£6 of chicken produces over 44 bags of 1lb minced meat, this time it was 48bags.

2 bags get used per day = 24 days of food = at least 3 weeks worth = £2per week.

£2 / 7days = 28.5714285714285714285714289p per day

28.5714285714285714285714289p / 2 dogs = 14.2p aday each dog

S6300307-1.jpg

S6300308.jpg

S6300312.jpg

Now I know a few of you on here get your stuff for free, I can only wish I was so lucky. But, I think 14.2p per day for the very best food with no added extra's is good enough for me. The only adertives the dogs get is the odd bit of beef, rabbit, lamb or salmon that comes my way.

I only really worked it out so I could tell the wife to stuff it because she said feeding the dogs this way was to expensive. And as the Great Ditch shitter said "anyone can be a sack emptier"!

Wishing you guys all the best,

Rabbiteer

absolute top set up there mate i like to see people putting the time into there dogs good on you,mark