Pricing up Dog food

Guest Rabbiteer

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

money aint a problem with me ..i look at it like this if it costs me 20 quid a week to feed three dogs ...so what ...its what i do ......i buy fresh chicken and good mince eveyweek ..not frozen or offal //...good stuff ...whats 20 quid ...fook all ...or two hours in the boozer ........rather spend it on my dogs than piss it agaisnt a wall ..... :D

good post mate :thumbs::thumbs: moneys no object for dogs that give 100% .......good working dogs dont come cheap

Guest Rabbiteer
Just asking again, do you cook the minced chicken or feed it raw?

I have to say all of my stuff goes to the dogs raw. Saying that I have only been doing it for a year now.

Even feed the dogs raw shark............................ :icon_eek:

All the best,

Rabbiteer

i fed my spaniels on minced chicken carcasses for a while and found the shite rock solid , to the point they found it difficult to pass. i beleive it might be due to the high calcium content in the bones, i got this stuff real cheap in 12"x15" blocks fed all my dogs for a week on £2.50.

can anyone tell me if i can add something to the feed to help with the rock hard shit.

i fed my spaniels on minced chicken carcasses for a while and found the shite rock solid , to the point they found it difficult to pass. i beleive it might be due to the high calcium content in the bones, i got this stuff real cheap in 12"x15" blocks fed all my dogs for a week on £2.50.

can anyone tell me if i can add something to the feed to help with the rock hard shit.

dont know how good it would be for dogs but perhaps some gravy might work

put a dollop of olive oil in with every meal ;) ............

Just asking again, do you cook the minced chicken or feed it raw?

I have to say all of my stuff goes to the dogs raw. Saying that I have only been doing it for a year now.

Even feed the dogs raw shark............................ :icon_eek:

All the best,

Rabbiteer

Thanks Shot, and Rabbiteer, I would preffer to feed it raw, purley because I do enough cooking in a day, let alone doing it for the dogs too!! Excellent post btw Rabbiteer :thumbs:

or just mix in raw vegatables :thumbs:

The bone ratio is too high if its coming out calcified. Oil and veggies will help but you may want to look into adding more meat too :icon_redface:

try some wholemeal bread and molassus for a smoother threpney bit

The bone ratio is too high if its coming out calcified. Oil and veggies will help but you may want to look into adding more meat too :icon_redface:

Have to agree :thumbs: great advice