snaring.help.

need help.does anyone know where i can get some good quailty snares from.i,v also heard there is a d.v.d out by a bloke called woodga.does anyone know where i can buy it from.

You can order good fox snares from Game and Country enterprises, Selkirk. Hope this helps :thumbs:

i hope that they are better than their rabbit snares
need help.does anyone know where i can get some good quailty snares from.i,v also heard there is a d.v.d out by a bloke called woodga.does anyone know where i can buy it from.

You can order good fox snares from Game and Country enterprises, Selkirk. Hope this helps :thumbs:

Do fox snares tend to be more standard than rabbit snares Glenn, or are some of them poorly made as well?

Do fox snares tend to be more standard than rabbit snares Glenn, or are some of them poorly made as well?

as ive said before , in my opinion the majority of commercial fox aand rabbit snares are crap , and profit is the name of the game , made by people who have hardly set a snare in their lives , the usual small loops and and a straight trace wire , when they sell them with a slightly larger noose of a few inches they charge dearer, i can make a first class fox snare for 25 pence, so think what a large commercial practice can make them for as the hard brake cable wire is half the price of the aircraft cable , the stops on some commercial snares pull of , ive tried them this is how i know , this is bad if you are working in deer habitat , you should be using breakaways and good quality wires with permanent fitted stops on them , a friend told me last week that fox snares are selling at nearly 3 quid , you can make 12 for 3 quid, at least DICK TURPIN had the courtesy to wear a mask when he relieved people of their cash , i will not buy anything connected to snaring in this country , its easy to contact the states by e mail. their snare eyes are quality steel and their end stops are also quality , and there is such a variety to choose from. the american mentality is how cheap can we sell a product for and make money, the british mentality is to rip the mugs of for as much as and as long as we can. the ministry should be testing all traps and all snares and parts and fixtures ,