wellingborough

alrite everyone :thumbs: is anyone here from wellingborough or knows of wellingborough well.... As im considering a mutual exchange with someone up that way.The street Queensway is where the house is located,its not the Queensway estate.As you pass sainsbury going into wellingborough then follow the road till you get to the duke of york pub and turn left then up the hill.Could anyone tell me what the area is like to live in, all replys will be appreiciated as i dont want to make a big mistake as i have 3 young children and a quiet life is my priority now.Cheers everyone :thumbs::thumbs:

It used to be quite a rough area for want of a better word........but in honesty it is a few years since i have been there for any length of time. I only live about 10 miles away and knew the area quite well. Can you not check the place out first and quiz a few locals. Sorry to be so downbeat.......but i hope things work out for you.

Rolfe.

cheers rolfe for takeing the time to reply :thumbs: . but ya bin there had a look, spoke to the neighbours on each side of the house sounded very pleasant people. but as you know things anit always as they seem sometimes. just want as much info as possible before make the final decision mate cheers :thumbs:

I used to frequent higham ferrers a few years back which is just up the road...i thought wellingborough was quite a nice place myself...it was clean,predominantly white,nice little shopping centre,it was a few minutes from the a45 if i remember right so nicely located to get around....i suppose it depends what your used to,i was living in the middle of london at the time so it seemed like heaven....

My Nan used to live in Winstanley Road in Wellingborough, only a 10 minute walk from the town... I thought it was a bit rough :thumbdown: It was a few years ago now, and I'm a through and through country gal, so any bit of tarmac and cement is a shock for me :icon_redface:

P.S.... was it the Arndale Shopping centre there?.... I'd never seen such a big shop's place :laugh: (I have lived a bit since then though :laugh: )

My Nan used to live in Winstanley Road in Wellingborough, only a 10 minute walk from the town... I thought it was a bit rough :thumbdown: It was a few years ago now, and I'm a through and through country gal, so any bit of tarmac and cement is a shock for me :icon_redface:

P.S.... was it the Arndale Shopping centre there?.... I'd never seen such a big shop's place :laugh: (I have lived a bit since then though :laugh: )

Yes it was the Arndale shopping centre..........it ran full length of Midland Road........good memory you have ;)

Rolfe.

i really thank everyone thats took 5 mins out to reply to my post. :clapper: , just have to wait and see. still if anyone out there knows of it please get in touch thanks :thumbs: much appreciated thanks :clapper:.

Edited by tiny 7
  • 4 months later...

just like to thank everyone that took 5mins to reply.... i have now moved in and it great, and got some beatiful country side round me, So thanks everyone..... just got to sort out some permission now and ill be on my way,, but in the mean time anyone willing to let me tag a long with them, and ill repay the favour when i get some permission :thumbs: ...... regards T 7