mods ... urgent

Guest bigredbusa

come on folks, calm down a little :yes:

we all know its wise to have a little healthy suspicion of folk over a pc screen but of late on here it seems many want to mount a witchhunt as soon as a member either dissagrees with a topic or shows a little lack of common sence or knowledge.

what we must not forget is not all new comers have the mantle of a father or uncle who can and will take them under their wing and not only give them the knowledge to hold their own on a site such as this, but to also show them a way in which to conduct themselves. Im sure if were all honest with ourselves and look back to when we were young we could think of an instance were we have engaged are mouths before our brains. this doesnt meen there on here to cause trouble or have hidden agendas it just proves they need some guiedance.

If we as the so called adults turn our backs on them and push them off here were do they go to get their knowledge? they end up looking on places such as youtube and see all the idiots on there. they see short films of things such as animal cruielity that have been posted under the heading of hunting and think this is the way to conduct themselves. turn them away now at this age where we should be giving them guiedance and you will loose them for good, loose them now and hunting looses the next generation.

none of us are perfect by a long chalk, but in all honesty i cant say i blame the youngsters for some of their behaviour not when you see adults behaving in the way some of them do on here. in my own opinion this site needs to be more tolarant and helpfull and not so bigoted towards those with a lesser understanding and knowledge than our own :thumbs:

now watch the abuse come my way in the mature adult fashion that it surely will :yes:

well done mole catcher, for volunteering to run the under 18 section :clapper::clapper::clapper:

we all know its wise to have a little healthy suspicion of folk over a pc screen but of late on here it seems many want to mount a witchhunt as soon as a member either dissagrees with a topic or shows a little lack of common sence or knowledge.

what we must not forget is not all new comers have the mantle of a father or uncle who can and will take them under their wing and not only give them the knowledge to hold their own on a site such as this, but to also show them a way in which to conduct themselves. Im sure if were all honest with ourselves and look back to when we were young we could think of an instance were we have engaged are mouths before our brains. this doesnt meen there on here to cause trouble or have hidden agendas it just proves they need some guiedance.

If we as the so called adults turn our backs on them and push them off here were do they go to get their knowledge? they end up looking on places such as youtube and see all the idiots on there. they see short films of things such as animal cruielity that have been posted under the heading of hunting and think this is the way to conduct themselves. turn them away now at this age where we should be giving them guiedance and you will loose them for good, loose them now and hunting looses the next generation.

none of us are perfect by a long chalk, but in all honesty i cant say i blame the youngsters for some of their behaviour not when you see adults behaving in the way some of them do on here. in my own opinion this site needs to be more tolarant and helpfull and not so bigoted towards those with a lesser understanding and knowledge than our own :thumbs:

now watch the abuse come my way in the mature adult fashion that it surely will :yes:

HOORAY!!!! THE VOICE OF REASON! ;)

i dont realy see the problem i would happily take a newbie out on any of my land to ferret and shoot with air riffle's its comon sence take them out with the ferrets do everything bye the book and no matter who they are there aint going to any negative come back ... just make sure they deer/fox/long ears are no longer hunted how they used to be it isnt rocket science if the new people starting up dont learn what all the experienced men know while they are here who is going to teach the younger generations of the future ?

May just be me or my upbringing but i was taught to look,listen and say nothing until i felt it was worth saying .These days its bollocks from the start with no please or thankyou .There are some very decent youngsters about and im the first to encourage their enthusiasm but not at the price of putting up with loud mouth know-alls im afraid .

iam newish to the site.. i dont post everyday, cause i like to keep my mouth shut with silly qustions, and learn off people whos got a lot more years hand on experience than me at 20 plus if u look through must of the old posts u always get an answer your looking for most of the time :thumbs: just got to be willing to put the time in and look for what you what

Edited by tiny 7

That's well said MC.. i totally agree with that statement. :thumbs: