nuttaul stuff

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i couldnt tell you mate dog was small all round but got the heart to get the job done dug him on testing quarry that knows the score in big places small places places with huge tubes and the tight places if it was there the dog would find it and stick to it

Personally i would not believe anything that came out of the mouths of a couple of names mentioned on this thread. The fact is that they buy in litters off different lads. They do not know exactly how the pup is bred, and do you think they really care??

They will fabricate pedigrees, because money is their thing....and money and true game terriers do not go hand in hand i am afraid.....

Still, i hear that there is a few good lads still out there that would never take money for a pup or a lining.... :hmm: And long may it remain that way........Good hunting JD :yes:

just to add about the 10" terrier thing the older lads that i would hunt with often quote the phrase "a ounze in a bird,a pound in a dog ,and a stone in a man",with regards to ancient sports this was the measure of weight giving.Now with terriers what quarry apart from rats would a terrier be equally matchingor overmatching at 10"?The dog is at a distinct disadvantage against an animal up to an more tha twice his weight :yes:

Hi Pip !

so , when you or the old lad´s you hunting with remember , what size and weight were they dog´s that are used to hunt a 45 pd. badger ( before the ban of course ) ? after your mathematics they have dog´s used around the 40 pd. mark !

and i mean Terriers , earthdog´s not drawdog´s !

Greeting´s

Steezy

Personally i would not believe anything that came out of the mouths of a couple of names mentioned on this thread. The fact is that they buy in litters off different lads. They do not know exactly how the pup is bred, and do you think they really care??

They will fabricate pedigrees, because money is their thing....and money and true game terriers do not go hand in hand i am afraid.....

Still, i hear that there is a few good lads still out there that would never take money for a pup or a lining.... :hmm: And long may it remain that way........Good hunting JD :yes:

good post :yes:

just to add about the 10" terrier thing the older lads that i would hunt with often quote the phrase "a ounze in a bird,a pound in a dog ,and a stone in a man",with regards to ancient sports this was the measure of weight giving.Now with terriers what quarry apart from rats would a terrier be equally matchingor overmatching at 10"?The dog is at a distinct disadvantage against an animal up to an more tha twice his weight :yes:

Hi Pip !

so , when you or the old lad´s you hunting with remember , what size and weight were they dog´s that are used to hunt a 45 pd. badger ( before the ban of course ) ? after your mathematics they have dog´s used around the 40 pd. mark !

Greeting´s

Steezy

IM SURE YOU NOTICED STEEZY MATE THAT I NEVER SAID IT WAS POSSIBLE TO EVEN THE ODDS TO THE EXTENT I GAVE THE EXAMPLE OF IN EARTHDOGS BUT YOU WILL AGREE WHEN YOUR GIVING AWAY MORE ANS MORE POUNDS IT BOUND TO HAVE AN EFFECT,ON THE ODDS STACKED AGAINST THE DOG ANDTHE EXERTION FROM THE DOG [ON LONG DIGS] AND THE RECOVERY RATE OF ALONG DIG ON CLOSE QUARTERS WITHAN ANIMAL IS SERIOUSELY OUTMATCHING THE TERRIER

can anyone tell me if theres anyone around that has pure nuttaul stuff had contact but lost his number.

Top Terrierman,

I am a Hunt terrierman with only has pure Nuttall terriers directly from Brian, who at 75yrs still comes out with me every saturday. We dug 2 yesterday, not a bad day.

PM me if you still need his details.

HELLOMATE ,CAN YOU TELLME HOW MANY OF YOUR DOGS YOU DIG WHEN OUT WITH THE HUNT.CAN YOU TELLME HOW MANY OF BRIANS STUD OR BREEDING BITCHES YOU DIG,TRUTHFULLY

I have a mason terrier and he is'nt no tote,he is very strong but spanable(if that matter)...i was very impressed with mr mason knowledge of the nuttall terrier breeding and working abillity.. :thumbs:

ANY IDEA OFHEIGHT OR WEIGHT MATE,I KNOW OF A FEW WHICH WHERE VERY SMALL

He is a smooth chocolate bullheaded dog and is 14 and a half inch and around 21/22 pound fit.

are you sure about the spannable bit?i have never sen a dog of 22ib at over 14 tts spannable id like to see him but his weight height doesn t add up to spannability in my experience,although iim no expert just what i ve seen ,any pics?

A good big un will always beat a good little un when matched against each other as opponents.

you know that we talking about hunting , pest control and working terriers and not matching dog´s against each other ... what do you know about that ? that are definatly 2 totally different pair of shoes ! if you had a kennelname in the Doggame i definatly would know you and what to think about you !

...and if you look at rudi´s site you know also how many bitches he have ! ....but i bet you will never know how many dog´s Cloot has !!!! ...and if he had 50 or 80 or whatever , everything over 2 or 2,5 years is well worked ! if you ever was at his kennel you would know that !

so pleeeaaaaaase stop Bullshitting !

greeting´s

Steezy

Hi Pip !

Greeting´s

Steezy

IM SURE YOU NOTICED STEEZY MATE THAT I NEVER SAID IT WAS POSSIBLE TO EVEN THE ODDS TO THE EXTENT I GAVE THE EXAMPLE OF IN EARTHDOGS BUT YOU WILL AGREE WHEN YOUR GIVING AWAY MORE ANS MORE POUNDS IT BOUND TO HAVE AN EFFECT,ON THE ODDS STACKED AGAINST THE DOG ANDTHE EXERTION FROM THE DOG [ON LONG DIGS] AND THE RECOVERY RATE OF ALONG DIG ON CLOSE QUARTERS WITHAN ANIMAL IS SERIOUSELY OUTMATCHING THE TERRIER

steezy in ref to your last post read my humble input into your thoughts,i didn t say"when matched against each other"

Have you just knocked your caps lock off pip?yes i am sure about the spannable bit mate. :thumbs: like you said your no expert just like myself,sorry pip no pic's.... :)

SHANE DON T TAKE OFFENCE AT MY CAPS LOCK ,IM NOT SHOUTING .BUT LIKE I SAID THE WEIGHT HEIGHT DOESN T ADD UP TO SPANNAABLE,ANYONE ELSE SEEN THIS SIZE ,SHAPE OF DOG AND SPANABLE?JUST CURIOUS AS ITS NOTHING IV E SEEN BEFORE AND WHILE IM NO EXPERT I DO PAY ATTENTION.SOMETIMES :laugh: