nuttaul stuff

JUST TO ADD BEFORE THIS TURNS INTO A SLANGING MATCH,TALKING TO DIFFERENT LADS ABOUT WHO KEEP COLOURED TERRIERS NEARLY ALL ARE HAVING TROUBLE GETTING DECENT BITCHES WORK WISE.I THINK THE WORKING QUALITY IN GENERAL OF BITHES IN THE LAST 20 YEARS HAS DROPPED,THEY RE GETTING HARDER TO GET GOOD ALL ROUND BITHES.WHEN YOU FLOOD THE MARKET WITH SMALLER AND SMALLER ANIMALS ,TO SUIT SMALLER ,LESSER QUARRY IN THE STATES THEN ITS LEAVING IT HARDER FOR FELLAS TO GET DECENT SIZED BITCHES THAT ARE OF QUALITY,SO WHEN YOU GET A DECENT WORKING BITCH YOU LL BREED REGARDLESS OF SIZE OR IF YOU GET A GOOD SIZED BITCH YOU LL COMPROMISE THE WORKING QUALITY FOR SIZE.OMO BUT I THINK THIS IS A DOWNWARD SPIRAL FOR THE WORKING COLOURED TERRIERS BECAUSE IT S NOT ONLY NUTTAL BREEDING SMALL THE MARKETS THERE.SO WITH SHOW MEN BREEDING FOR LOOKS AND DEALERS BREEDING FOR MONEY LADS WHO WORK THIER DOGS FOR WORK ONLY HAVE MORE AND MORE HURDLES TO JUMP WHEN LOOKING FOR OUTCROSSES JUST TO GET A DECENT SIZED AVERGE WORKING ANIMAL TO WORK A DECENT SIZED EARTH IN BRITAIN /IRELAND AND ANYONE STARTING OUT IS ALMOST SCREWED.JMHO.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good working bitch is worth breeding from regardless of size, compromising working quality for the sake of a bit of size means one thing.....

More shite being sold , simple as that, there is no excuse for it.

ok then put it like this what is the minimum size for a working terrier or does it not matter?

No dodging here, if you want a terrier for ratting ANY size would do, but prefferably on the small side, other stuff 10" and upwards, no smaller

So why would you breed 2 10" terriers together ? Surely the chances of even bitches equalling is small :hmm:

I would breed two 10" terriers together if they were both proven to hopefully get more workers from them, Why not ?

If they turn out small they turn out small so what, i like a bet and therefore like to try to put the odds in my favour as much as possible , if you prefer to breed from something purely for a bit of height than that is your choice but in my opinion your taking the risk of adding to the already large amount of shite out there that will end up being passed around and more than likely bred from again down the line therefore adding even more shite ....maybe that's why it's hard to find decent WORKING bitches...whether large or small because the crap is overtaking them.

If you seen two cracking working 10" terriers go and were impressed are you saying you would not have one in your kennel pip ?

yours

Greengrass

saw small terreirs in america orrible things i keep bitches 12 inches strong and an old dog 12 to 13 for all round ork the pups have been 12 to 14 and strong for testing qaurry , ive had the odd weedy thing , but wouldnt breed of it or anything else shee had the heart butnot the body im afraid ,

Variety is the spice of life as they say. A 10" dog for me is of little use, educated quarry would bully them. I need a 20 lb terrier that can stand its ground for the last few shovel fulls, and even then they have to show metal to hold on. However if I was working dug out rabbit buries as mentioned before a 10" dog would be needed I suppose.

can anyone tell me if theres anyone around that has pure nuttaul stuff had contact but lost his number.

Top Terrierman,

I am a Hunt terrierman with only has pure Nuttall terriers directly from Brian, who at 75yrs still comes out with me every saturday. We dug 2 yesterday, not a bad day.

PM me if you still need his details.

Variety is the spice of life as they say. A 10" dog for me is of little use, educated quarry would bully them. I need a 20 lb terrier that can stand its ground for the last few shovel fulls, and even then they have to show metal to hold on. However if I was working dug out rabbit buries as mentioned before a 10" dog would be needed I suppose.

GG i m in no way advocating breeding for size alone work should be the only quality but for a dog to be a decent alrounder he/she needs to be of a certain size/weight to be practicle,i have a bitch here 22pound when fit and a little over 14" she s about an inch under spannable and works fine in most earths,a few spots per season she has to work a bit but i would nt have her smaller.Her daughter/half sister is 25pound and about the same height bredth but is only 8 months.I bred her to the best dog and producer[not that i know of many good producers]available which was her father[18pound 13tts] the dogs all maintain a good size but this was not on purpose its just that all of the decent terriers just seem to be a decent size.

:hmm: