Clicker Training

Hello.

Hope someone can help her. I have had my new whippet pup for about a week. She is nine week old now.

A friend of mine asked if I was clicker training. I understand the process but wanted to ask if anyone has had success with this type of training.

When she is older I want to try rabbiting and perhaps some lure coursing. Will the clicker help here.

Cheers

Paul

I'm using clicker training with my ex track greyhound. I was never a big fan of the clicker, i tried it in the past with not much success. I'd read about it on the net and in books but it wasn't until i paid for a trainer to come to my house and show me how to do it properly that (excuse the pun) it clicked. Within an hour she had my grey very focused and OK she wasn't jumping through hoops but had learn't a very basic touch hand with nose = click = treat, which was amazing because for the last 7 months i've not been able to teach her a soding thing. From there i have taught her a down and stay and a very short retrieve. Now this is great for this bitch, she would do nothing before she cottoned on to the clicker. I now have a very focused little bitch that is now looking for things to do to please me where before i had a 2 year old bitch with all the drive in the world but not a inch of self control or thought about anything. I'm definitely a convert to the clicker but it did take seeing it done buy someone who knows how to use it to appreciate how it works.

Clip