Bad Breath !!!!!!!!!!

A friend has two dogs with really stinkin breath, they feed complete food with raw mince and scraps from the table, truth be known they are a pair of Fat Mutts, {pets} i think their bad breath may have summat to do with their weight,

Or can anyone come up with other suggestions and how to cure the bad breath.

Yis Mars.

Check that their teeth are not all gunked up with tartar: nasty brownish/yellowish deposits near gum line. Also causes gum disease: red swollen gums. Get them off complete food and put them on to a raw meat and veg diet (BARF), and get them on to a strict weight loss diet with more exercise. Also get vet to check their anal glands: they might well need emptying if they are on a complete diet.

All the above can cause bad breath.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Poor f*cking Dogs are probably doomed.

On top of what Skycat said, the shit already heaped on the poor things has likely wrecked their cardiovasular systems better than smoking fifty a day and working in an office would. The shit ye sure as hell to find in their mouths will leach into their bloodstreams and screw them up big time. Early deaths.

I've never taken too much notice of " BARF " myself. It's just people making the simple and straight foreward into something complicated and of which they can appear experts in their understanding of. Even " Raw, meaty bones " will throw most modern day people awry. They'll try to figure out which bones and how much meat equels " Meaty ". End up chucking the poor b*stards a cows shin bone with a few flecks of red round the top end. Again, useless.

That's why I use Breast of Lamb. It's all there. All done. Only input it needs from me is doling out what I percieve as the right portions to each Dog every day. Flesh. Bone. Fat. It's all there. A Truly " Complete Diet ". If they want vegetation? Sure. The ground and land around us is theirs to help themselves from.

Only, last night they had lambs hearts. Tonight they got some cows tounges. Tomorrow it's Breast again. This is my casual nod to Natural Feeding.

Either way, a friend commented tonight on the superb condition of my Dingo Dog. I agreed he's right now. And now I'll play his feeding and excersie like a fiddle to keep him in such good, prime condition. It's nothing admirable or occultly skilled. I just Look At my Dogs of a day.

My mate also asked if I was worming the Ding. I told him; " I worm my Dogs as and when they have worms. " Anal gland trouble ? Another modern thing. Dogs, fed as nature would feed them, clear their own bums, as nature intended them to. But pet owners today feed vet sold crap to their Dogs, then pay the same vet to constantly f*ck the Dogs about, temporarily repairing what's been made to go wrong, by the vet. It's a vicious circle - except for the c*** in the white coat. Dog pays the ultimate price, every time.

And my own Dogs are pot licking, bed warming, great to have around things too. They're not super charged, high expectation fulfillers. Just my companions. 'Pets', really. They do nothing for my ego or willy size. Only I treat them like Dogs. I treat them Right. I've just explained how I do that. Try to convey that to ye friends. Please. For those Dogs sakes.

Guest craftycarper

my bitch has always had smelly fish breath :sick: , she is wormed regular,is very fit/lean and all three dogs are fed the same food. I have never tried the barf thing i did look into it but just throw the odd rabbit in now and again,i usually feed vitalin with the odd meat thrown in. As you say DS they are more pets like yours, although the bitch occasionaly comes out on what little ferreting i have done as of late, main thing is they are happy, fit and are good companions, even humans suffer from bad breath...clarke gable springs to mind.....i hear he could knock you off your feet at hundred yards if he smiled at you....Here she is below, the one without the jacket

http://IMG_0447.jpg