:hmm::hmm::hmm: hi im running a greyhound whippet collie bed shes 12 monthes old and will eat anything put in front of her ,she is now on dry mix with rabbit stew added 3 to 4 times a week but never puts any weight on ,any advise greatly accepted :bye::thumbs::bye:

i know it might sound a silly question,but has she been wormed recently?

If the above advice about worming hsa been seen to then.

Is she underweight? or normal for her?

To increase weight increase calories to more than she is burning on a daily basis, a quick and easy way is to increse the fat content of the diet as fat contains, on average, twice the calories as protein or carbs so you can increase the calories without adding to much bulk to the diet.

:hmm::hmm::hmm: hi im running a greyhound whippet collie bed shes 12 monthes old and will eat anything put in front of her ,she is now on dry mix with rabbit stew added 3 to 4 times a week but never puts any weight on ,any advise greatly accepted :bye::thumbs::bye:

leave off the dry mix and get her on some breast of lamb and beef chunks

If the above advice about worming hsa been seen to then.

Is she underweight? or normal for her?

To increase weight increase calories to more than she is burning on a daily basis, a quick and easy way is to increse the fat content of the diet as fat contains, on average, twice the calories as protein or carbs so you can increase the calories without adding to much bulk to the diet.

cheers mate i wormed her eight weeks ago but i think the tablets might have been a bit dodgy they were from a pet shop she is slightly under weight for 24 inches a friend has told me to use a worming powder called pancure over five days if this works what would be the best diet to build her back up

i know it might sound a silly question,but has she been wormed recently?

:thumbs::thumbs:

Hi, There could be many reasons why she's not putting on weight, but IF it is worm infestation then Drontal Plus is your best bet, quite expensive but will do the trick. You get them on the net, cheaper in bulk, or from your vet.

Edited by markw

Hi Mate, Keep away from mitsi wabbits, waffer and wrighty only chase mitsi wabbits, then ya doggy may put on weight mate, watch waffer he's dodgy mate

:

Hi, There could be many reasons why she's not putting on weight, but IF it is worm infestation then Drontal Plus is your best bet, quite expensive but will do the trick. You get them on the net, cheaper in bulk, or from your vet.

I know I will be shot down in flames by everyone, but hey, this is what I do.

I have two Patts and a lurcher (collie x whippet x greyhound). They live on my farm.

I feed them a dry base (one of those complete food ones) with any scraps from the table, ie leftover gravy, cut up cooked veg (either trimmings cooked when I was cooking supper) or leftover veg, a tin of sardines (you can get 3 tins for £1 in our supermarket) or meat. Sometimes I boil up fish that has been sitting in the freezer for ages. I get free lamb so they get a boiled neck, or liver or stuff with freezer burn. If there is cheap beef mince at the supermarket (anything under £1), they get that raw mixed up with everything else. Sometimes if we have too many eggs (I have my own hens), they get a cracked egg too.

Their diet is different every day of the week. They like the variation, will eat almost anything (even leftover salad can go in!) and look fantastic. Fit and healthy and ready for work.

I rarely buy tinned dog food, if I do it is only Chappie - vet told me that was the best in the tinned range with the least amount of crap in it. They get that about once in a blue moon. It does take abit of thinking ahead, I know, but it is can work out cheaper I think than buying regular dog food, if you look for the bargains. They get oily fish (sardines/pilchards) at least once a week. I think it is good for the older lurcher to have this for his joints.

Ok, guys shoot me down in flames and tell the OP that he should be feeding his dogs grit, bullets and raw steak to make him 'ard! :gunsmilie:

I know I will be shot down in flames by everyone, but hey, this is what I do.

I have two Patts and a lurcher (collie x whippet x greyhound). They live on my farm.

I feed them a dry base (one of those complete food ones) with any scraps from the table, ie leftover gravy, cut up cooked veg (either trimmings cooked when I was cooking supper) or leftover veg, a tin of sardines (you can get 3 tins for £1 in our supermarket) or meat. Sometimes I boil up fish that has been sitting in the freezer for ages. I get free lamb so they get a boiled neck, or liver or stuff with freezer burn. If there is cheap beef mince at the supermarket (anything under £1), they get that raw mixed up with everything else. Sometimes if we have too many eggs (I have my own hens), they get a cracked egg too.

Their diet is different every day of the week. They like the variation, will eat almost anything (even leftover salad can go in!) and look fantastic. Fit and healthy and ready for work.

I rarely buy tinned dog food, if I do it is only Chappie - vet told me that was the best in the tinned range with the least amount of crap in it. They get that about once in a blue moon. It does take abit of thinking ahead, I know, but it is can work out cheaper I think than buying regular dog food, if you look for the bargains. They get oily fish (sardines/pilchards) at least once a week. I think it is good for the older lurcher to have this for his joints.

Ok, guys shoot me down in flames and tell the OP that he should be feeding his dogs grit, bullets and raw steak to make him 'ard! :gunsmilie:

bar the chappie sounds fine to me.