A matter of twine...

danf

Hello everyone im currently constructing a hemp long net but the next one is going to be spun nylon, which size would be better for making long nets and purse nets number three, four or five and has anyone heard of rayon before if so would it be sutible? All views and help welcome :thumbs: .D.

Hello everyone i have just started kniting my own nets and im currently constructing a hemp long net but the next one is going to be spun nylon, which size would be better for making long nets and purse nets number three, four or five and has anyone heard of rayon before if so would it be sutible? All views and help welcome :thumbs: .D.

Hi mate, I've certainly heard of rayon though never in a net application. Is it UV degradable, how much stretch is in it, and how strong is it. I feel that if the stuff is strong enough, then try it and see how it goes. I wonder though why it hasn't been used before, because it's been around for fifty years. take care pal, ian. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...