• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Simon is a great fella who i know ans he lives on my road about half mile from me,our kids went to the village school together and his kids are a credit to him and his wife. Iv'e lived in Norfolk just

Just under 20 miles and the estate at Shadwell has some history about it, one story i might have said about before is a farmer in my village during the 1800's had a deer herd and a pack of hounds and

That's a set from Suffolk next to a 45 gallon barrel and that was just over 18 stone emptied out and i have seen far bigger in the forest in Norfolk many times and i once heard a herd running before i

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, Leo Sayer said:

Love Norfolk,  fell in love with it years ago. I live in the pennines so used to hills and moors. But just love  the flatlands of Norfolk.  An abundance of game. Love that smell of freshly cut fields. Cockely Clay now that brings back memories. Lamped that from a motor in mid 90,s probably and seen the most amount of roe in one field I'd ever seen in the beam before. Deffo a few odd characters and carrot crunchers but all adds to the feel of the place. I fancy buying a cheap inflatable kayak and doing a wild camping\mooching trip in it down on the broads and waterways. 

You see some odd sights that's for sure, as I drove past the sign leaving the coastal part of Norfolk heading up towards the fens the oddest of Old fellas stood on the grass verge in a queer old stoop hands turned back over in a binocular holding fashion, gurning with teeth down to his chest transfixed up the main drag, it was other worldly, then on the long strip through the fenland emerged a tweed clad giant raw boned and marauding around with purpose diamond check socks up to the  knees amidst thermometer cracking temperatures

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Leo Sayer said:

Love Norfolk,  fell in love with it years ago. I live in the pennines so used to hills and moors. But just love  the flatlands of Norfolk.  An abundance of game. Love that smell of freshly cut fields. Cockely Clay now that brings back memories. Lamped that from a motor in mid 90,s probably and seen the most amount of roe in one field I'd ever seen in the beam before. Deffo a few odd characters and carrot crunchers but all adds to the feel of the place. I fancy buying a cheap inflatable kayak and doing a wild camping\mooching trip in it down on the broads and waterways. 

This fella gets about

It was late May when I went down, I was still driving about after 1 o'clock in the morning first night down was on some odd tracks hares and muntjac all over feck knows where it was, seen a couple of big red deer running across a field next day, and wanted to have a look and walk at Thetford forest, but was too hot, was like the hottest day of the year in North east, but alright at the coast, saw loads of hares, big groups of them, could stay down there exploring for months I reckon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
28 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

This fella gets about

It was late May when I went down, I was still driving about after 1 o'clock in the morning first night down was on some odd tracks hares and muntjac all over feck knows where it was, seen a couple of big red deer running across a field next day, and wanted to have a look and walk at Thetford forest, but was too hot, was like the hottest day of the year in North east, but alright at the coast, saw loads of hares, big groups of them, could stay down there exploring for months I reckon

Am just in work now graftin so will watch that later thanks , I like Simon . If u can find Hardy Tempest wild camping, he did a vid recently of kayaking and camping the broads which gave me the idea . Lots of unexplored parts of Norfolk I’d like to mooch tbh. If u can find Hardys vid please put it up , it’s a nice little watch . Thanks cheers 

• Like 2

Spent a lot of time down there myself hunting the various Warren's that still exist..although I live near Nottingham my parents moved down there in 1990...had loads of sport down there on a number of species...I remember one morning seeing 4 species of deer on one walk

• Like 6
5 hours ago, TOMO said:

Spent a lot of time down there myself hunting the various Warren's that still exist..although I live near Nottingham my parents moved down there in 1990...had loads of sport down there on a number of species...I remember one morning seeing 4 species of deer on one walk

Me too mate , I went not long ago car camping mooching. And at first light I seen a heap of munty , a few roe , 2 red hinds and a fallow buck. 

• Like 5

I’ve driven the A149 north coastal road many times west to east and vice versa Dersingham (Bog) where you can see night jars right across to Mundesly, my wife would like to move to Holt right in the middle which gives good access all round, If you want a nice little shortish trip get yourselves on the paddle boat that runs out of Horning it’s quite interesting as you go through the marshes and reed areas.

WWW.NORFOLKBROADS.COM

Based at Horning, The Southern Comfort is a double-deck paddle boat purpose built for the Broads with a capacity of 100 passengers for public trips.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Leo Sayer said:

Am just in work now graftin so will watch that later thanks , I like Simon . If u can find Hardy Tempest wild camping, he did a vid recently of kayaking and camping the broads which gave me the idea . Lots of unexplored parts of Norfolk I’d like to mooch tbh. If u can find Hardys vid please put it up , it’s a nice little watch . Thanks cheers 

18 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I love that whole 80s leisure centre look of Norfolk / Suffolk towns . 

Stiffy ran out of likes so a lol from me . Norfolk the only place were a full Fila or Ellese tracksuit is still fashionable pmsl 

• Haha 1