Aggressive Harris hawk.

I have been offered a female harris hawk by someone, the bird is approximately 8 years old, it was flown last year but I've been told she can be aggressive and is aggressive with the man's son, but the hawk is fine with him, it just won't for the life of it get on with the (Adult) son, whether he shows nervousness I'm not sure, with the maturity of the bird do you think it would be worth taking on, I've flown plenty of hawks, owls etc just never taken on a mature bird, my thought process would be to man it accordingly and  get it out hunting regularly, any thoughts. 

5 hours ago, Yorkshiremoocher said:

I have been offered a female harris hawk by someone, the bird is approximately 8 years old, it was flown last year but I've been told she can be aggressive and is aggressive with the man's son, but the hawk is fine with him, it just won't for the life of it get on with the (Adult) son, whether he shows nervousness I'm not sure, with the maturity of the bird do you think it would be worth taking on, I've flown plenty of hawks, owls etc just never taken on a mature bird, my thought process would be to man it accordingly and  get it out hunting regularly, any thoughts. 

Why have a hawk with a problem when training your own hawk having it flying the way you want is so much better/ easier..

Like the saying goes ..

A good hawk eats just as much as a cnut ....or a good hawk eats just as much as a bad hawk ...not sure Wich one it is now 

• Like 3

Why not go and see the bird? You aint taking his son home too are you? A box set? If it is aggressive with you then walk away. Maybe his son is a c**t to the bird behind the fellas back. I would give it a chance

• Like 1

That’s the thing with mature birds mate taking someone else’s problems on.And I’ve never know 1 change once it’s set in.I flew them for years to but would only take a adult bird on if I knew it.Apart from that I would rather train a young one atb 

• Like 1