Decent coat and lamp...

Back to dark mornings and dark nights.

I'm in the market for a new coat and new lamp. I don't go out for hours, odd shine here and there, so don't need big battery etc. Last time I had a real light weight LED one but I snapped the handle during an altercation with a fence!

Any recommendations for both please lads, or indeed any to avoid.

Cheers 👍

As far as coats go you can pay some real money.....but I tell you what I've got a jacket from b&q....from the work wear ...its made by Site...only about 25 quid I think....its the most waterproof coat I've ever had...but its lightweight so you need a fleece underneath if its a cold night

• Like 1
13 hours ago, TOMO said:

As far as coats go you can pay some real money.....but I tell you what I've got a jacket from b&q....from the work wear ...its made by Site...only about 25 quid I think....its the most waterproof coat I've ever had...but its lightweight so you need a fleece underneath if its a cold night

Tomo.... You got a link for that jacket mate ? 

As coats go the ridgeline torrent 3 i have is okay with plenty of pockets and the front pockets are big enough for a small battery and has kept me dry in showers though persistent heavy rain water has eventually got through and it can become a bit on the heavy side.

15 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I’ve got a 240 Blitz and 12v 12ah batteries for longer nights on certain quarry, but if it’s just for an hour or two local on rabbits, this led lamp with a lithium battery in the handle does the job fine;

686888F5-AE0F-4A54-A3F4-70F54DF29320.jpeg.7a3ffc0b387e970f0f48550c9fa8db4c.jpeg

BBDC77EE-75D4-49F9-921F-92C6C9B9B9BD.jpeg.cdd4d2bfb61fc955c311ee72b4d83ccf.jpeg

Cheers.

I’ve the same led one , it was recommended to me by one of the dossers that visits the forum , is a good lamp , slipped and snapped mine where the handle meets the lamp but glued and taped it and it’s been ok as a torch …. Shame the bunnies all got mixy and disappeared… 

I’ve a sundridge minus 10 fishing jacket , got given it ,blimey must have been 20 years ago now off a chap on a fishing forum … started to let torrential rain in slightly on the pocket seams ,but was brilliant for years  and it’s  very warm , sometimes a bit too warm