Need rural crime solicitor.

On 15/10/2024 at 12:58, Daniel cain said:

I just mooch about with a catty and me carthorse these days...if the opportunity arises to put something worthwhile on the deck...and there's no-one about,then I will do the deed and deal with the consequences...but I don't go out looking for it these days ...things may change in a few yrs when we get settled again....I won't have to do the celebrity death run on the way home.... because it will all be on my doorstep 😉👍

Me too, my old runner is 12. I won't own another running dog now, not worth the hassle and myther . I've too much to loose if my kite was plastered all over the local rag and social media. Don't get me wrong it's still in the blood. Other ways to have a bit of sport and fill the freezer . Dog wise my next dog will be a small terrier cross or a cocker spaniel for mooching with the cattys and retrieving off water. Plus the days for getting stopped when 4 hours away from home in the middle of the night up north or down south with a couple of lurchers , lamp , blade ect are over me now. I know some still bang at it and I salute them ! But not for me now. 

• Like 5

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Personally,...I think its all wrong to be hunting down, hunting men,.. considering the plethora of violent folk that are wandering around the UK.. Whatever has this fecking country come to...🤔

I'm  gonna carry on  , just got these 2 little  crackers  so that's next 10 / 12 years  sorted,,, got plenty of permissions, no one aloud on never see any body to have an altercation  with  any  way 

I admire your tenacity mate and wish you good luck through the season. I often wonder how I would feel about the game if I were 30 years younger as lurchers and running them was a big part of my life

Posted Images

Funny how we are all heading the same way lol

Doubt I will have another Lurcher after this one. She will see me for next ten years all being well. But after that it’s a little busher for me more gun dog type.

No room to swing a Lurcher now a days.
It’s all foot paths and clumps cover.  People shacking up in Lorrie’s and caravans everywhere. Catty mooching odd net is the future 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

I fancy a little border terrier for my next moocher,or maybe a whippet for some ferreting and the odd night on the lamp...

My old team..DSC01045.JPG.c0c39c857bbd9e91d219d8bb002dd5ff.JPG

that's the way things are going now mate, I would definitely have another whippet, you can mooch and have a bit of a run when opportunities arise, scruffy little beddywhippet doesn't attract attention either, little Jill and half a dozen net's in coat, only picking up 1s and 2s but I am enjoying myself. 

Edited by fred90
  • Like 5
3 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I fancy a little border terrier for my next moocher,or maybe a whippet for some ferreting and the odd night on the lamp...

My old team..DSC01045.JPG.c0c39c857bbd9e91d219d8bb002dd5ff.JPG

Ya can’t beat a border and ya can’t shoot over them like a spaniel to.

it's a changing world, it was always a battle of wits really, they didn't know who or how many were behind the lamp that was shining and you didn't know who or how many were coming to you, too old now for that and even in my prime built like the gable end of a 5 pound note I will carry on mooching about like the old fart I am. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, fred90 said:

it's a changing world, it was always a battle of wits really, they didn't know who or how many were behind the lamp that was shining and you didn't know who or how many were coming to you, too old now for that and even in my prime built like the gable end of a 5 pound note I will carry on mooching about like the old fart I am. 

I found it's the general publics perception that's turned against us that liked to do a bit of freelancing back in the day and the hunting with dogs ban another reason as those who have never hunted another animal with a dog lumped the lamper of rabbits in the same category as the mounted fox hunter as let's face it most of the general public in working class areas detest mounted foxhound packs. I know if I was daft enough to post pics of grey squirrels I had shot with my catapult on my Facebook profile the stick I would get from people who know no better would far outweigh those who would say good on keeping vermin down. 

I'm  gonna carry on  , just got these 2 little  crackers  so that's next 10 / 12 years  sorted,,, got plenty of permissions, no one aloud on never see any body to have an altercation  with  any  way 

20240809_093750.jpg

• Like 12
3 minutes ago, wildman said:

20240809_093750.jpg

Good luck with them they look belters. A lad from Barnsley recently bred some cracking pup's from a line of old type lurchers he's had for years to say i wernt tempted to get one was an understatement though with not having any permission it would have been pointless and not fair on the dog. 

• Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I found it's the general publics perception that's turned against us that liked to do a bit of freelancing back in the day and the hunting with dogs ban another reason as those who have never hunted another animal with a dog lumped the lamper of rabbits in the same category as the mounted fox hunter as let's face it most of the general public in working class areas detest mounted foxhound packs. I know if I was daft enough to post pics of grey squirrels I had shot with my catapult on my Facebook profile the stick I would get from people who know no better would far outweigh those who would say good on keeping vermin down. 

100% bang on there 👍

49 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Good luck with them they look belters. A lad from Barnsley recently bred some cracking pup's from a line of old type lurchers he's had for years to say i wernt tempted to get one was an understatement though with not having any permission it would have been pointless and not fair on the dog. 

They were off a lad from  Barnsley  could be same bloke,  nearly 5 months old now  ,, trained to whistle, and marking up , there no sure what there marking but they know  there's something down there ,, every day they seem to  learn something  new

• Like 1