Short but sweet

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good one young man  haha.if I was you , don't know where you live , but I have drive about, OK you have to  jump  over the  fence as they  say. That's what we did back then just  drive about  in the d

Well for the second season running there’s no rabbits where I frequent…. First season was more than enough for our simple needs ,didn’t ask for much , just one good  run on a  morning , weathers been

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Franks dad said:

Bath mate , but right in the edge of green belt … Been jumping the fence mate ( well going through the gate ) on this one  , albeit a council one …. But they’ve all gone , totally disappeared in the last 18 months , gone from 30 pairs of eyes lighting up in the lamp to just the same 2 pairs  almost guaranteed  every night /morning 4.30  and that’s roe …. I’ve been out and about I’d knock doors  if they had them on the land , and or jump the fence willingly… no one else is using the ground I do 100% . Mixy has got them . Working in the day, but always looking, ironically I’m usually working like now in nice houses with acres of land  , still nothing on the ground .. ride a motorbike and the mad one  ain’t getting on the back of that  so it would be ferrets in the back box only to travel anyways . How yo7 been keeping bird ? Never did get that chat after the phone fiasco! 

Not to good mate, got fooked right knee  I down next year for keyhole surgery,  he said wouldn't  need  full replacement  till my late 70s.well this was said 3rd Sept  , well on the 12th my knee locked for 2 weeks got free now, but aches  down the one side, and get shooting  pain there.so it going  to be.long painful  wait till next year, I hoping the knee might have settled bit by then, and be better for when have that keyhole surgery.  It been really  rough on me  was murder  walking Buck and little woody with bad knee, God knows how got through then 2 weeks. It times like this that I miss my wife,  she couldn't done nothing to walk the dogs,  but a kind word might have helped  then. But.i did it, so just.plodding along steady with dogs. I lucky really. Because  both are old dogs , so easy deal  with, it been real hard if had say 12 months  old young lurcher to walk,   I been fooked then with young  full on animal.😟

• Sad 1
4 hours ago, bird said:

Not to good mate, got fooked right knee  I down next year for keyhole surgery,  he said wouldn't  need  full replacement  till my late 70s.well this was said 3rd Sept  , well on the 12th my knee locked for 2 weeks got free now, but aches  down the one side, and get shooting  pain there.so it going  to be.long painful  wait till next year, I hoping the knee might have settled bit by then, and be better for when have that keyhole surgery.  It been really  rough on me  was murder  walking Buck and little woody with bad knee, God knows how got through then 2 weeks. It times like this that I miss my wife,  she couldn't done nothing to walk the dogs,  but a kind word might have helped  then. But.i did it, so just.plodding along steady with dogs. I lucky really. Because  both are old dogs , so easy deal  with, it been real hard if had say 12 months  old young lurcher to walk,   I been fooked then with young  full on animal.😟

Got a dodgy knee myself so feel your pain mate  , I’m younger so it’s not effecting.me as much yet . Hope it gets sorted . 
Do none of the dossers who frequent this site live near you ,that could pop round for a natter ? 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Franks dad said:

Got a dodgy knee myself so feel your pain mate  , I’m younger so it’s not effecting.me as much yet . Hope it gets sorted . 
Do none of the dossers who frequent this site live near you ,that could pop round for a natter ? 

Thanks mate, that real nice thought.i know lot people  on here, and over the years I've met quite lads off here. But suppose  where I am  15 mile from Hereford,  don't really think many up this way. So just trying to get  on with things best I can.i was hoping to move back to South staffs where I from, got bungalow  up for sale ,  but gone very quite,  so think be here till next summer 2025.  I walked  I hour today, that's good with fooked knee  , on this surface  as you feel it in your knee   but was nice dry walk.

• Like 1

Probably another reason I will never own another running dog. I have never in all my years having a mooch about local seen it as bad for rabbit numbers even a few trips out local with the thermal i failed to spot any plenty of hare's the odd roe and fox though the last month hare's seemed to have got scarcer wether they have started going into cover now the crops are down or the shooters are wiping them out with night vision. 

24 minutes ago, bird said:

Thanks mate, that real nice thought.i know lot people  on here, and over the years I've met quite lads off here. But suppose  where I am  15 mile from Hereford,  don't really think many up this way. So just trying to get  on with things best I can.i was hoping to move back to South staffs where I from, got bungalow  up for sale ,  but gone very quite,  so think be here till next summer 2025.  I walked  I hour today, that's good with fooked knee  , on this surface  as you feel it in your knee   but was nice dry walk.

Sent  a post today, few pics  if you  want a look mate.👍