• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On the day the last coal fired power station is taken off line and the last coal fired steel blast furnace in Wales is shut down the energy cap price has risen by 10% and the cold weathers payment to

Neither is being a victim, if you could highlight to me what good energy company’s have done for the population in general I,ll give it back, I would sit in your house in front of your life savings an

It's estimated that there's 3 trillion tonne of coal under the sea from Wales to Ireland and the north sea.. 3 trillion tonne...an amazing amount of coal...and there's oaps going cold this winter

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Chid said:

But the coal on the garage forecourt isn't owned by the energy companies making billions or so you only steal from billionaire garage owners 

I think you’ll find the fuel on the forecourt is taxed at 87% so yes think they can afford it sorry if I offend you but it’s just my way of balancing the books 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mole trapper said:

Thought this would be about the price! Bought a ton of middle of the road nuggets for the rayburn this afternoon,  collected myself in the van which saved £30 but it was still £686, last year £530, the year before Ukraine started £360 !!!!

Rayburn!!!  … lived with my Nan a lot who had one in the 70’s … glass slats and a brown metallic   coloured front … pics please !!! 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mole trapper said:

Thought this would be about the price! Bought a ton of middle of the road nuggets for the rayburn this afternoon,  collected myself in the van which saved £30 but it was still £686, last year £530, the year before Ukraine started £360 !!!!

And modern coal is shite. My mate has a few steam engines and struggling to warrant keeping them in steam with the lack of decent coal! 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

Rayburn!!!  … lived with my Nan a lot who had one in the 70’s … glass slats and a brown metallic   coloured front … pics please !!! 

Same mate used to open the door and get the toasting fork out

• Like 1

Ok … got me feeling guilty now … many years ago … about 30 .. I pinched a 2 ft Xmas tree off a forecourt, as we pulled away after paying for fuel I opened the passenger door and pulled it in …. Took it to me Nan … I was going to go back to the garage tomorrow and reimburse them , but they sold off the land for housing , after renting it as a hand wash car wash for a few years …. So I will give it to charity….. for a blowy in return …. £10 should cover it … 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, Greyman said:

Same mate used to open the door and get the toasting fork out

If I remember it was fitted after a very young lad left his big toy dog on wheels in front of the open coal  fire 🔥… and , a bit of coal popped and landed on my poor dog …. And spread to the carpet in front of the hearth ….. was all very formal when the insurance man came …. Remember it like yesterday….. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Utter madness when we have enough fossil fuel to keep us going for decades and with modern technology these days more effort from scientists to find a way using coal to develop a clean way of using it to power the country. 

Oil not far behind. No new licences and heavy taxation throttling the remaining life out of the North sea. Net zero will damage this country forever.

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

Same as the one I had by the sounds of it early 80s. I will try and find some pics with it on. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Same as the one I had by the sounds of it early 80s. I will try and find some pics with it on. 

She had it until 1991 … I know this because my sister retrained as a gas engineer/fitter at 18 after working in the offices at British Gas and she was the joint first female gas engineer in the southwest of England and she fitted it , I think it was in the local paper as Nan got a free shower fitted as she was the 1000th tenant to have a gas fire fitted in Bath . 
how a thread can jog memories…. Thank you people , I was having a moment back in time them to when times were good and I had family in my life …. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Franks dad said:

She had it until 1991 … I know this because my sister retrained as a gas engineer/fitter at 18 after working in the offices at British Gas and she was the joint first female gas engineer in the southwest of England and she fitted it , I think it was in the local paper as Nan got a free shower fitted as she was the 1000th tenant to have a gas fire fitted in Bath . 
how a thread can jog memories…. Thank you people , I was having a moment back in time them to when times were good and I had family in my life …. 

Did your sis work as a gas engineer since then Frank?That's a little different for a lady back then.I women working on the roads here and driving trucks.

8 minutes ago, mackem said:

Did your sis work as a gas engineer since then Frank?That's a little different for a lady back then.I women working on the roads here and driving trucks.

No mate she did it till she fell pregnant with her first , now she’s got 3 , must be in their late teens now , she went to school  as a teaching assistant when they were younger … wasted but her bloke was in the same job and got promoted to a manager and stuff and she went all posh and yeah , I’m still the lad from the council house that says who’s  farted … #blacksheep 

• Thanks 1