Another step in the right direction

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can you imagine grebs missus poor mother when her daughter turned up with an argumentative left wing communist from the uk lol 

Brexit would have been fine had we actually exited but we never did we the politicians didn’t get what they wanted from the referendum so they never delivered it So we will never know how successful i

I will be happy when they finally stop the flow of brown and Eastern European spongers from coming over here unvetted,their own governments need to pull their fingers out,and keep their dregs,we got e

Posted Images

Caveat Emptor !

An old pal of mine worked for years in Saudi and China, retired early and went to live in Romania.

He married a much younger woman and bought a small farm.

His wife quickly went through his savings, houses, vehicles, etc for her family and when “the well run dry” she informed him they weren’t really married and the farm was in her name, not his and he came home poorer but wiser !

Its not just places like Thailand this happens, it also happens in Europe.

So, the grass is not always greener on the other side. If anyones contemplating moving abroad, take your time, do your homework, don’t let your heart rule your head and have an exit strategy.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pissing myself thinking back.

The first time I ever went to Poland with our lass we went to her cousin's wedding. It was a late flight and her aunt picked us up from the airport, we got to her house about midnight. One thing you soon find out is when you visit someone it's not just a cuppa and biscuit they offer, no, they put a full spread on the table and insist you eat. Well, I can eat like a hoss so I tucked straight in, there was some strange  sausage and I scoffed it down as you do, i questioned what it was to our lass, she asked her aunt and i got told it was a bear sausage, well i nearly spat the cnut out and said you eat fecking bear, thankfully that was just the translation!  Lol

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, big feet said:

Pissing myself thinking back.

The first time I ever went to Poland with our lass we went to her cousin's wedding. It was a late flight and her aunt picked us up from the airport, we got to her house about midnight. One thing you soon find out is when you visit someone it's not just a cuppa and biscuit they offer, no, they put a full spread on the table and insist you eat. Well, I can eat like a hoss so I tucked straight in, there was some strange  sausage and I scoffed it down as you do, i questioned what it was to our lass, she asked her aunt and i got told it was a bear sausage, well i nearly spat the cnut out and said you eat fecking bear, thankfully that was just the translation!  Lol

Reminds me of my best pals dad.

He came over from Poland with his family after the war to work in the mines in South Wales.

When we visited him, it would be straight out with the vodka and polish sausage. 
“You must eat when you drink” he would tell us, a shot of vodka and a hunk of sausage. He insisted only the Poles could make real vodka, “not like that Russian shit “ !

His wife would be bringing out all the Polish staples then he would get out the guitar or balilika. 
Same with a boss I had in Saudi, he was Czech with a Canadian passport. His wife would insist on cooking ghoulash for us.

Very hospitable people the East Europeans.

Cheers.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

He came over from Poland with his family after the war to work in the mines in South Wales.

When we visited him, it would be straight out with the vodka and polish sausage. 
“You must eat when you drink” he would tell us, a shot of vodka and a hunk of sausage. He insisted only the Poles could make real vodka, “not like that Russian shit “ !

His wife would be bringing out all the Polish staples then he would get out the guitar or balilika. 
Same with a boss I had in Saudi, he was Czech with a Canadian passport. His wife would insist on cooking ghoulash for us.

Cheers.

can you imagine grebs missus poor mother when her daughter turned up with an argumentative left wing communist from the uk lol 

• Haha 8
12 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

One thing I don't miss over there is the roads, driving standards are shocking on single carriageways, HGV's overtaking each other and heading straight towards you. 😁

1 hour ago, big feet said:

If I could speak the language fluently and find a job I'd move over there in a heartbeat. If you buy a house or land you can do whatever the hell you like with it, f**k planning permission. Lol

Your going nowhere if if if the sound of a looser if you want to do it learn the language you spend fifty percent of your life online talking shite and making yourself out to be someone your not my 3yo and 5yo grandkids can speak Spanish from an app before you know it you’ll be looking in the mirror at a fat balding bloke thinking wish I had some courage in my youth and actually followed my dream instead of being the class clown 

3 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Your going nowhere if if if the sound of a looser if you want to do it learn the language you spend fifty percent of your life online talking shite and making yourself out to be someone your not my 3yo and 5yo grandkids can speak Spanish from an app before you know it you’ll be looking in the mirror at a fat balding bloke thinking wish I had some courage in my youth and actually followed my dream instead of being the class clown 

Spanish is one of the easiest language in the world, Polish one of the hardest. Kids are like sponges as well, for an adult to learn a new language especially one so alien takes a lot of time and effort, but you're right, if you want something badly enough you will do it, I've never thought of it as necessary.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, big feet said:

Posnan city, good night out.

received_1876758042634013.jpeg

received_1893217070701137.jpeg

received_242392086399046.jpeg

Lots of industry on the outskirts of Posnan, manufacturing etc

I think Valta, John Deer and someone else I can’t remember have big places there.

I was there for a meeting for a few days a few years back, nice little evening out in that square and it’s pretty.

Lots of live music, did you do the walk down to the river ?……nice little cafe/bar area there.

Buzzing little place 

7 hours ago, big feet said:

Spanish is one of the easiest language in the world, Polish one of the hardest. Kids are like sponges as well, for an adult to learn a new language especially one so alien takes a lot of time and effort, but you're right, if you want something badly enough you will do it, I've never thought of it as necessary.

I don’t speak English too well never mind polish but I managed a few days in Posnan just fine…..and the taxi drivers understand “f**k off you cheeky c**t” just fine when they are trying to pull your pants down for the fare ! Lol 

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Greyman said:

Just put the bloke on your ignore list.

• Haha 1
32 minutes ago, WILF said:

Lots of industry on the outskirts of Posnan, manufacturing etc

I think Valta, John Deer and someone else I can’t remember have big places there.

I was there for a meeting for a few days a few years back, nice little evening out in that square and it’s pretty.

Lots of live music, did you do the walk down to the river ?……nice little cafe/bar area there.

Buzzing little place 

No mate, didn't walk the river, a nice little city and a good night out, from what I remember. Lol

They have a nice football stadium, I went to a match one night with her cousin.

• Like 1