Teaching your kids to drive

My eldest daughter has started lessons done 9 so far with the instructor. I took her out twice and it was worst than the big one at Blackpool lol  and it did end up with us having an argument. All I can say is driving instructors must have the patience of a saint and no fear of having their motors written off.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Treeplanter said:

My eldest daughter has started lessons done 9 so far with the instructor. I took her out twice and it was worst than the big one at Blackpool lol  and it did end up with us having an argument. All I can say is driving instructors must have the patience of a saint and no fear of having their motors written off.

I gave my eldest her first drive of a car before her first lesson on her birthday in July. She stalled it a few times but wasn't too bad tbh, by the end she was getting up to 3rd gear quite smoothly, surprised me she did. Lol

14 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

My lad been driving me around off roading and green lanning since he was 10 yr old😉👍

the same dc summer time to let go down farm tracks round fields mate 

• Like 1

She been out driven round fields on a bit of my permission loads of times and that’s great when theres nothing to crash into or crash into you, it’s a whole different ball game on the road with cars, bikes all over the place. With insurance so f#cking expensive I had to put her on my motor only £345 for 290 days I think it was, nearly 2 grand on her motor I bought so that was a no go learning in that. 

• Haha 1

Not one for making more laws but thought for awhile now that provisional licence holders should only be allowed on public roads driving a dual control vehicle. FFS half the people on roads with licences cannot drive properly these days. 

Contradicting myself, inducted 2, 16 year old apprentice sparks today and emphasised the importance of getting mobile as soon as possible. With the cost of lessons and more importantly insurance once they pass the test, poor kids have got no chance. Or at least one hell of a lot more difficult for them than when I was their age. Many of us learned our skills joy riding in borrowed cars 🙂