Fireplaces

15 hours ago, Wolfdog91 said:

🤷 He was saying it's banned so 🤔

So my old area which was urban has effectively banned wood stoves by creating “clean air” areas (whatever that means as they happily cut down all the trees to build housing estates !!)  so that you can’t have smoke coming out your chimney !! 

I believe here in Ireland you can no longer install solid fuel systems or flue’s for them in new builds….so again, effectively banning. 

I have no doubt they will change any regulation including building regs in order to force people to pay the big energy company’s (drinks all round chaps !!) 

So I’d say, yes there is a large chunk of truth in the statement that they are making solid fuel illegal, maybe not in an up front way but via the back door. 

Ignorance is bliss burned a huge 12k stove in my house for years smokeless zone even made a small one from a gas bottle for my shed burned all sorts of crap, couldn’t get coal delivered but hey ho, even if I did get fined I’d still be up by thousands so I,ll just crack on, its even creeping in on boats not meant to light the stove in a few town basins and docks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Ignorance is bliss burned a huge 12k stove in my house for years smokeless zone even made a small one from a gas bottle for my shed burned all sorts of crap, couldn’t get coal delivered but hey ho, even if I did get fined I’d still be up by thousands so I,ll just crack on, its even creeping in on boats not meant to light the stove in a few town basins and docks 

i pop in old boys unit he has one from a big gas bottle it’s always 40 degrees in there but how he’s still alive i don’t know gives me headache you can taste carbon monoxide walking up lol 

1 hour ago, WILF said:

So my old area which was urban has effectively banned wood stoves by creating “clean air” areas (whatever that means as they happily cut down all the trees to build housing estates !!)  so that you can’t have smoke coming out your chimney !! 

I believe here in Ireland you can no longer install solid fuel systems or flue’s for them in new builds….so again, effectively banning. 

I have no doubt they will change any regulation including building regs in order to force people to pay the big energy company’s (drinks all round chaps !!) 

So I’d say, yes there is a large chunk of truth in the statement that they are making solid fuel illegal, maybe not in an up front way but via the back door. 

Involved in a new build showroom for window company and he can't put a gas boiler in under the new regs, X amount of solar panels and heating by heat source pump, the cost of the build has gone through the roof so he's postponed till next year, this bloke has serious money but is worried about the current economical climate, sounds like a lot of his wealthy clients and mates are off.. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Involved in a new build showroom for window company and he can't put a gas boiler in under the new regs, X amount of solar panels and heating by heat source pump, the cost of the build has gone through the roof so he's postponed till next year, this bloke has serious money but is worried about the current economical climate, sounds like a lot of his wealthy clients and mates are off.. 

I’d say there will be a fair few finally deciding enough is enough mate, not just “rich” people (whatever they are now days ??) but from all income ranges…..they are suffocating people with layers of crap. 

I read the other day that a firm that helps “wealthy people” (is a million in cash and assets wealthy now days ??!) move abroad has seen about 130% rise in enquiry’s…..don’t know how factual the story is but it would not surprise me. 

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Like most things mate, the rules only apply if you tell them ! Lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, WILF said:

I’d say there will be a fair few finally deciding enough is enough mate, not just “rich” people (whatever they are now days ??) but from all income ranges…..they are suffocating people with layers of crap. 

I read the other day that a firm that helps “wealthy people” (is a million in cash and assets wealthy now days ??!) move abroad has seen about 130% rise in enquiry’s…..don’t know how factual the story is but it would not surprise me. 

I really think there will be loads of working people getting out, the richer can do it quicker as they'll sale some assets, be debt free and making money on day one, lads will cash in and be mortgage free and the UK will lose the benefit of that tax stream.. it will be the "richer" and those.are the ones the country depends on...by that I mean working people with an asset behind them, the people on social care, benefits etc will be even poorer as where will the money come from?

I've talked to at least half a dozen people in the last few months all saying they are seriously considering getting out...I include myself in that, I live in a beautiful part of the world but it's getting harder and harder, times are changing fast

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, WILF said:

Like most things mate, the rules only apply if you tell them ! Lol 

If they could tell in 1662 they will be able to tell now, drones with infra red and then a £300 fine drops through the letterbox 🤣

https://www.british-history.ac.uk/series/london-hearth-tax

17 minutes ago, WILF said:

8 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I really think there will be loads of working people getting out, the richer can do it quicker as they'll sale some assets, be debt free and making money on day one, lads will cash in and be mortgage free and the UK will lose the benefit of that tax stream.. it will be the "richer" and those.are the ones the country depends on...by that I mean working people with an asset behind them, the people on social care, benefits etc will be even poorer as where will the money come from?

I've talked to at least half a dozen people in the last few months all saying they are seriously considering getting out...I include myself in that, I live in a beautiful part of the world but it's getting harder and harder, times are changing fast

Out of interest where would everyone move on to, It appears most of Europe, Canada and America is as buggered as us ?

There are some seriously nice properties in the African nations, I took a look and you can by a mansion in Rwanda for £250k and their economy is thriving. The irony of mass migration from here to Africa would be something for the history books thats for sure.       

• Like 1