Tiny House Build

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My daughter has decided after 6 months of mortgage that it’s a massive scam and is selling her house and wants me to build her a tiny home on my place (she has also aimed out the boyfriend as well whi

When mine leaves I'm changing the fecking locks

Living in place where you want to live, on your own land and answerable to no one, providing for family... that's winning at life! 

Posted Images

If only I were closer as they say, I'd give you a hand..strictly labouring. Useless as a handyman. I like messing about with projects like that though. A bloke up the road from me bought a dilapidated cottage. He had no skills, just learned them as he went along. I give him a hand a few hours a week. I enjoy watching it take shape. Amazing what you can do with a bit of sweat and determination. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

If only I were closer as they say, I'd give you a hand..strictly labouring. Useless as a handyman. I like messing about with projects like that though. A bloke up the road from me bought a dilapidated cottage. He had no skills, just learned them as he went along. I give him a hand a few hours a week. I enjoy watching it take shape. Amazing what you can do with a bit of sweat and determination. 

Yes mate, it’s nice to be at something that’s interesting.

Been retired 9 years now so it’s a novelty doing a bit of graft…..not sure my joints agree, they are like “hold on ! What the f**k is going on here again?” Lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Love that mate, my kind of project!

Give me a bell if you need anything.,.. good luck to your girl, mines moved home as well, binned the useless twat of a boyfriend and is like a new girl...like boomerangs eh! Lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Love that mate, my kind of project!

Give me a bell if you need anything.,.. good luck to your girl, mines moved home as well, binned the useless twat of a boyfriend and is like a new girl...like boomerangs eh! Lol

Same as that, they came here with a view to do the tiny house and she decided he was a non starter (after 3 years) and binned him……not a minute too soon to be fair, blokes in tatters as a man ! Lol (Ask Stiff ! Lol ) 

Thanks for the offer mate, duly noted……

She is off to Cyprus for a work meeting (that’s obviously going to take a week !!) and Dad is here living on anti inflammatory tablets……I’m getting it all wrong mate ! Lol 

• Haha 2
19 minutes ago, WILF said:

Same as that, they came here with a view to do the tiny house and she decided he was a non starter (after 3 years) and binned him……not a minute too soon to be fair, blokes in tatters as a man ! Lol (Ask Stiff ! Lol ) 

She is off to Cyprus for a work meeting (that’s obviously going to take a week !!) and Dad is here living on anti inflammatory tablets……I’m getting it all wrong mate ! Lol 

Parallel lives mate! Lol

7 years for my girl, she'll be 26 in November and is back living a great life out all the time not a care, I'm pleased she is...f**k he was a life sponge... Polite enough, no trouble etc but absolutely nothing going on .. she's been home since march now, I can't see her leaving any time soon ..lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, WILF said:

Good enough for you , lounging about on the couch messaging nonsense to me all day . My phone plan has seen significantly less what’s app usage , what a touch 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
25 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Good enough for you , lounging about on the couch messaging nonsense to me all day . My phone plan has seen significantly less what’s app usage , what a touch 

Wondered why mine had got so busy! Lol

2 minutes ago, king said:

Fair play mate.. but I'm wondering why you haven't gone down the static caravan path..

They are too cold and too flimsy mate, this job will be 100mm insulation in walls, floor, roof.

100mm stud walls Sheathed in 18mm OSB, floors are 7 x 1 1/2 again with OSB laid on top, roof the same.

Wrapped with breathable membrane and then clad in powder coat black corrugated steel……so it will be a proper all weather all year round home.

Still thinking about inside but I’m guessing it will be a timber clad scandi type job, she wants a Belfast sink and all that caper……statics are only about 40mm walls with polystyrene insulation, take some keeping warm in winter mate. 
This little job should be like toast 

• Like 6
8 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Wondered why mine had got so busy! Lol

“Oh I did a health and safety talk today and………” zzzzzzz…..zzzzzzz…..zzzzzzz

You know how they say hundreds are leaving the army, those are all the ones that had to listen to his method statement briefings……

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, WILF said:

My daughter has decided after 6 months of mortgage that it’s a massive scam and is selling her house and wants me to build her a tiny home on my place (she has also aimed out the boyfriend as well which is a bonus ! Lol ) 

So for any lads that may be interested, I’ve made a start and here is a few photos.

Ill post a few more as we go along 

The base is an old 2 berth caravan that we stripped down and tipped, I’ve then had a local old boy weld me up a 6m long frame to fix on the top of the caravan chassis, the chassis are approx 1300mm wide.

All strong box tube, we wire brushed and painted it in red oxide metal paint.

00A80DC3-A13F-44ED-B7F2-459947EC81F4.jpeg.c2d59b523973bb328b9bbdfd554afea4.jpeg

Ive been making the floor up under cover while I waited for the frame to be finished, 2m sections x 3m wide (which is going to be the width of her little house).

7 x 1.5 treated timber just done simple framing style, had the little man out helping fix the joist hangers which are really just a belt and braces job because the joists are all fixed to the frame anyway.

Top of the pile here is the section that will sit over the wheels 

5B20C2B1-6F94-4710-8690-D21D810D6CB1.jpeg.84b19b40d85cbd9303ef9a9d7bd6c408.jpeg

889EF9D0-88BF-4A82-A351-F708251844A0.jpeg.b369604a8ce9f5aecaf62a0bad321c5c.jpeg

She got some nice big 2nd hand windows in UPVC free of charge which you can see in the background.

Going to paint them black to match the black metal corrugated cladding I’m going to finish the place in.

Got a little log burner as well which needs a tidy up.

Ill post a few more as I go along 

Was just talking to a man on site today about the very thing if I was starting out young again or single it would be a small bit of field or woodlands and one of those on it mate it's the way to go at the minute with the way things are.  Look forward to see the process 

• Like 7