How many miles.......

Do you live from where you were born? Met an old bloke earlier who emigrated here from Scotland 40+ years ago and has only been back to his place of birth twice in all that time. Most brits live within 20-50 miles of their birthplace. In the area I was brought up I know people who still live in the same street as their parents, and others who left for Canada, USA and Australia.How far do you live from your roots? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A mate of mine sent me a class photo I hadn't seen for 50 years. I think it was a passing out  ceremony for something to do with the Catholic Church. A lot of the lads on the photo are dead, did jail

My folks moved from chalvey to Stroud where I was born , father worked in Saudi at the time, 6 months later they moved back to Thames valley , and proceeded to move us from Berkshire to Surrey maybe 5

I believe in random events influencing lives. We are just pinballs bouncing off corners. Something happens along the way  which dictate or change  your whole life. Often you can be enjoying life and t

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, mackem said:

Do you live from where you were born? Met an old bloke earlier who emigrated here from Scotland 40+ years ago and has only been back to his place of birth twice in all that time. Most brits live within 20-50 miles of their birthplace. In the area I was brought up I know people who still live in the same street as their parents, and others who left for Canada, USA and Australia.How far do you live from your roots? 

I live about 5 mile away from the street I grew up on.

I am  45 mile  away, I was born w-ton. Then moved by Hereford,  45.mile difference  , but hoping to sell up here and move back to South staffs.evrn though it only 45 mile apart   I my as well come from space,  no fooker can understand  me, with a black country accent. These fookers  here, most have never  moved out past Hereford.i going back to my roots eventually,   no good living g here on my own since my wife died , I've got good solid  friends back where I come from, so thatcehat hoping this year, or next year if still here, don't think the housing  market  moved much since feckin Labour  got in.😒

2.5 miles away,according to Google maps, I moved into this village when I was 6 months old. We left when I was 9 in 1976 to Chester le street,about 3ish miles away, I moved back 7/8 years ago. Furthest I've been away was about 10 miles from here for 4/5 year's.

• Like 1

I’m back to about five miles from where I was born. I was the only one of the family born at home but we left when I was a baby.

I’ve  lived in some far flung places since, but when I retired I decide to come back “home”.

Starting to wonder if it was a mistake, as we could have went virtually anywhere.

Cheers.

About 2 miles from where I was born and about 1 and a half from where I grew up. Although it's getting worse I still wouldn't want to live away from my home town.

It's 1.24 miles to each of them houses from my current house just had a nosey on google earth. 

Edited by gnipper