The refs have to be the funniest of the lot,comedy gold watching them throw signals an pretend lol I used to watch it when I smoked the weed for a laugh,especially the ref with the blonde curtains for hair

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my nana who owned a B&B in Rhyl in the 60s and 70s used to take me to see the wrestling when i was a kid in a cabaret bar called Tito's, i wasn't particularly into the wrestling but she took me be

Used to love watching British wrestling Saturday afternoon as a kid and still remember some of the names. Kendo Nagasaki springs to mind also my grandparents were mad on it aswell. 

I used to watch that as well when I was a kid, World of Sport with old Dickie Davis and the wrestling……then I’d torture my old man trying all the moves out on him. Alan Denison was my favourite f

Posted Images

1 hour ago, WILF said:

My brother was probably deadly serious ! Lol ……but no, I agree, they must think “Oh f**k off, I’ve never heard that one before” lol 

He also grabbed hold of 007 Sean Connery at a golf club out in Portugal or Spain and was going to give him a hiding for being a rude c**t but Forsyth and Tarbuck calmed the whole situation down and sent over a bottle of champagne with their apologies ! 
He may have been 007 but he wasn’t born in Brockley ! Lol 

Nasser Hussain England cricket captain 20 odd year ago...rude obnoxious wanker...

He was another regular at the hotel...one night he rocks up...its gone midnight and he wants our valet parking to take his car...problem is the valet service finished at midnight and they were an outside contract company as our hotel had no parking cos it's bang in the city centre....now the poor night manageress was trying to do everything for him even offered to move the few staff cars that were parked in the tiny loading bay...but no it wasn't good enough for him.....this back and forth went on for a few minutes with the manageress being apologetic etc...all the time I'm stood there next to her...wanting to drag the c**t outside and stomp all over face...of course I couldn't...but honestly what an absolute wanker

• Like 2
14 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Used to love watching British wrestling Saturday afternoon as a kid and still remember some of the names. Kendo Nagasaki springs to mind also my grandparents were mad on it aswell. 

my nana who owned a B&B in Rhyl in the 60s and 70s used to take me to see the wrestling when i was a kid in a cabaret bar called Tito's, i wasn't particularly into the wrestling but she took me because she loved it and was one of them women that would get up and shout at the baddies and try and hit them with her hand bag even as a kid i remember being embarrassed by it ,she was your typical northern land lady from Stockport  

Edited by greg64
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
2 hours ago, WILF said:

I love story’s like that, folks like that basically condemn themselves to a life of torture ! Lol 

It did from me and the other doorman...every time I seen him....Hunter Hunter Hunter ...in the gayest voice I could...he was a useless twat anyway...another jacket filler from the SIA...stupid little c**t used to wear a crombie style coat...but it was one of them long ones that come down by your knees..

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, TOMO said:

Nasser Hussain England cricket captain 20 odd year ago...rude obnoxious wanker...

He was another regular at the hotel...one night he rocks up...its gone midnight and he wants our valet parking to take his car...problem is the valet service finished at midnight and they were an outside contract company as our hotel had no parking cos it's bang in the city centre....now the poor night manageress was trying to do everything for him even offered to move the few staff cars that were parked in the tiny loading bay...but no it wasn't good enough for him.....this back and forth went on for a few minutes with the manageress being apologetic etc...all the time I'm stood there next to her...wanting to drag the c**t outside and stomp all over face...of course I couldn't...but honestly what an absolute wanker

I've just been reading Hussain's autobiography in a  book shop. He says when he was England captain he wasn't a nice person,  drank too much, suffered from depression and had a gut problem caused  by stress.

He says there was this bloke in a hotel who always wound him up. He said he resembled Shrek. He said his irritation with Shrek made him bully other hotel staff.

Well the first part was true.lol

Edited by jukel123
  • Haha 2
8 hours ago, jukel123 said:

I'd go with Collins without a shadow of a doubt. He had a mean streak and world champion boxing ability. His brother was manager of Carlisle Utd. He had an aggressive side to him too.

Maybe the wrestler in a telephone box.

There’s a well known story that when roddy was out on a night out one of the younger players gave him a pasting 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, big feet said:

Ended up down a wrestling rabbit hole on YouTube as you do, with the algorithm I've been watching tons of clips on it.

I was a massive fan of the WWF in the 80's & 90's, I even got to see it in 92 at Sheffield. I was a big fan of them all, Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant, Macho Man, Bret Hart, Roddy Piper, even the manager Bobby Heenan was hilarious.

Anyway, watching the interviews of the old wrestlers, you have to respect their careers, yes it's predetermined but no way in hell is it fake. They are tough SOB's and with all the steroids and drugs, their careers and lives were often short. Regarding feuds and storylines,  I'm still not sure whether they were/are all genuine, the Montreal Screwjob springs to mind, was it a work or not? 

Some of their stories are great, Andre drinking over 100 beers, the Macho Man was that paranoid about the cobra that bit him being venomous he insisted Jake Roberts let it bite him first, Steve Austin getting his neck broken by Owen Hart and still carrying on with the match, beats watching Eastenders.

I love wrestling still do 

to this day , one of mates will text me or shout over the street ..”oh you didn’t know !” 

There’s only one superstar though . 

the original styling and profiling , jet flying , limousine riding , kiss stealing , wheeling and dealing , son of a gun. 

IMG_6197.gif

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I love wrestling still do 

to this day , one of mates will text me or shout over the street ..”oh you didn’t know !” 

There’s only one superstar though . 

the original styling and profiling , jet flying , limousine riding , kiss stealing , wheeling and dealing , son of a gun. 

IMG_6197.gif

If that's Rick flare....he was there in them other story's I was telling

• Thanks 1

The bushwackers for me. Ugly, double crossing, cheating, retards. I really identified with them.

My other favourite was Mankind. Poor b*****d had been abused as a kid, trusted no_one and lived in basements with only the heating ducts for warmth and company.

I watched Stone Cold Steve Austin reach out to him one episode. He offered his hand in friendship, said Mankind only had to trust him and they would be an unbeatable tag team. Mankind inched forward to Austin whimpering like a dog. Closer, closer until he finally stood up and looked Austin in  the eye. They shook hands with the crowd roaring approval. Then  Stone Cold head butted him. Poor Mankind fell to the ground, writhing in agony.

The crowd was up in arms going absolutely apeshit.  I was too. Angry and concerned for Mankind's mental health. Then I laughed like f**k at my reaction.  I'd momentarily forgotten it was pantomime. Lol

Edited by jukel123

Years ago I use to have a walk with one lad from Wigan his mum married one of them British bull dogs said he was from a rough family and was a handy lad but was in a wheelchair now he said he was a nasty bully always shouting and carrying on  popped and drugged up on various stuff all the time he put it down to frustration and his dependency on beer and drugs seen that Wade Barnett a couple of times on football always chatting with fans and signing autographs etc 

2 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

There’s a well known story that when roddy was out on a night out one of the younger players gave him a pasting 

I remember Carlisle had suffered a bad defeat. So as a punishment, Collins made the squad run-through Carlisle shopping centre to humiliate them. Counter productive!

He was reputed to be a bully. Pleased he got a hiding.