9-11 anniversary

16 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I was sitting in my office on Jeddah Airport and my son rang me from his office in the British Consulate in Saudi and said “ dad have you got the tv on ?” 
I said “no, what’s happening?” 
He said “ they are bombing America, we are on total lock down, but ok, take care”.

I turned on the tv and my office rapidly filled up with all nationalities; British, American , Saudi, Egyptian, Pakistani, Philipino, Thai, all sorts.

All just staring at the screen and strangely quiet. 
Im old enough to remember when Churchill died, when JFK was assassinated and 9-11.

Momentous occasions.

Cheers.

id just got back from the canary islands laid on the couch put telly on got to see the second plane hitting 

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You did well to stay awake after a walk like that mate, fair play to you ! Lol 

I was sitting in my office on Jeddah Airport and my son rang me from his office in the British Consulate in Saudi and said “ dad have you got the tv on ?”  I said “no, what’s happening?”  He said

He’s up there walking the dogs 4 nights a week so if they’d have landed, he’d of seen them…..so I for one believe him ! 

Posted Images

13 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

They were in the streets in Gaza celebrating 

we should never forget that 

but we should forget the germans for what they did ? become ally’s with them ? 

come on stiff lol

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

id just got back from the canary islands laid on the couch put telly on got to see the second plane hitting 

You did well to stay awake after a walk like that mate, fair play to you ! Lol 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 11
17 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Definitely a "where were you moment?". I was passing a television on an Edinburgh St. At first I thought it was television wizardry...not real. But then realisation grew.

Yeah, strange how that stays in the memory…..I’d just got through the tolls at the Dartford Tunnel and my Mrs phoned me and said “America is under attack !” 
Funny how you can remember it so precisely. 

• Like 1

Very convenient that 2.3 trillion was announced unaccountable from the Pentagon the day before it happened,then the pentagon gets hit,I still nmbeleive it emwas a remote detonation that took them down,especially that other building,ffs it just freefall without any damage.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Francie, said:

Very convenient that 2.3 trillion was announced unaccountable from the Pentagon the day before it happened,then the pentagon gets hit,I still nmbeleive it emwas a remote detonation that took them down,especially that other building,ffs it just freefall without any damage.

Aeroplane just a hologram mate, what we saying?

• Haha 2

I was in ibiza my flat mate woke me up might of been lunchtime ish...he's watching it on our little portable telly...10 mins later we went downstairs to the bar and watched it there...sad old day that was

• Like 1

I was 17 and was working in a chippy sorting all the spuds out in the back room with a mate of mine . 

The boss came out and told us to come watch the TV.  I'll be honest I didn't grasp the magnitude of it all till a couple of years later . I knew something crazy had happened but didn't have any global thinking back then and because it didn't effect my every day life I wasn't that bothered 

I do remember a local painter had his daughter born on that day and in the night he was out for a couple to celebrate and talking to him he was a bit gutted it had taken the shine off his daughter being born 😂

34 minutes ago, Francie, said:

Building no 7 wasnt hit with an aeroplane,but collapsed like a detonation.

Work that out

But it didn’t collapse like a detonation, mate; it was burning for seven hours , fires caused by the proximity to the other towers that had been hit, and thermal expansion of the steel floor and support beams caused the floors to collapse onto one another.

WWW.NIST.GOV

September 19, 2011 (updated 11/20/19) | Updated: September 10, 2021*

Seems reasonable to me .

Cheers,

• Like 2

Genuine question. Why did the UK follow the USA into the Iraq war? Was it a case of the yanks saying we need your participation to widen the blame? Did the UK follow the states because the States threatened that if we didn't do as we were told, then we could forget about USA protection if we were ever threatened by Russia or China?

So is our foreign policy based on paying our dues to the world top dog or else their protection will cease? Was Bliar basically right in joining the war to ensure  protection for Britain in the future?

Another question. Does the UK have the right to use our nuclear weapons unilaterally? Or must we ask Washington before we deploy them?

• Haha 1