Ridgebacks ?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hound x  coll/bull/grey... Sent up to a gentleman from Cumbria that bred fellhound x greys...pictures of them on here somewhere 👍

having owned many ridgebacks along with  foxhounds foxterriers Australian staghounds whippets and jack russells my main game being foxes and feral pigs my most favourite hunting trios have been one ri

In my early 20's I was living and working on a big golf course...every Sunday on my day off I used to go digging, gentleman that owned the place had a big Ridgeback bitch called Zena,used to tag along

Posted Images

having owned many ridgebacks along with  foxhounds foxterriers Australian staghounds whippets and jack russells my main game being foxes and feral pigs my most favourite hunting trios have been one ridgeback with two staghounds they complement one another one a hunt the righeback being strong wind scenters but resonably close hunters ideal when you on foot. they do lack a turn of speed although a mile of endurance this is where the stag hounds come in as they read the ridgeback and when fox or pig explode from their seat the stags make very short races. If I could have added the rigebacks abilities into a greyhound I certainly would have done it. but ive always been a pack hunter and always enjoyed watching what each dog brings to the hunt.

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

A few pics lifted from Boardogs site, of ridgebacks and staghounds working together ;

EF5821C8-9AA4-43DC-80C1-27A3F12DD2D2.jpeg.8ee709e93f4a929fa9907684e0ebc725.jpeg

EF5A32DE-075E-4018-816A-03F486C7C519.jpeg.34c2ff9d1188b8ee3be10ecdcbc95178.jpeg

CEFAC09A-9C86-4920-89F9-D8B725FE409A.jpeg.9411a2d9dea842159d2742dd65604ec5.jpeg

Cheers.

these were my mate James callens dogs I enjoyed many a hunt with James and his dogs before his passing.

Edited by stevemac
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, stevemac said:

having owned many ridgebacks along with  foxhounds foxterriers Australian staghounds whippets and jack russells my main game being foxes and feral pigs my most favourite hunting trios have been one ridgeback with two staghounds they complement one another one a hunt the righeback being strong wind scenters but resonably close hunters ideal when you on foot. they do lack a turn of speed although a mile of endurance this is where the stag hounds come in as they read the ridgeback and when fox or pig explode from their seat the stags make very short races. If I could have added the rigebacks abilities into a greyhound I certainly would have done it. but ive always been a pack hunter and always enjoyed watching what each dog brings to the hunt.

In my early 20's I was living and working on a big golf course...every Sunday on my day off I used to go digging, gentleman that owned the place had a big Ridgeback bitch called Zena,used to tag along with us,she would mark foxes to ground,in the 3yrs I was up there,that Ridgeback never gave a false mark,she was on par with lurchers I've owned for marking stuff to ground....she would join in and bust stuff up above ground,hell of a bite on the bitch TBF...and to this day,one of the scariest dogs to be around when it got dark,and it was in guard mode😬 would literally smash through doors to get outside if it heard a noise👍

• Like 5
5 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Did you see the video on YouTube of pig hunting with cane corsos they get to the pig and there’s one laid down injured they carry it out but it later dies from its injuries .

There was a dog on this channel that happened to

• Like 1