Ridgebacks ?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hound x  coll/bull/grey... Sent up to a gentleman from Cumbria that bred fellhound x greys...pictures of them on here somewhere 👍

having owned many ridgebacks along with  foxhounds foxterriers Australian staghounds whippets and jack russells my main game being foxes and feral pigs my most favourite hunting trios have been one ri

In my early 20's I was living and working on a big golf course...every Sunday on my day off I used to go digging, gentleman that owned the place had a big Ridgeback bitch called Zena,used to tag along

Posted Images

Was a big old unit of a dog,and could run with it, only got rid  because he wouldn't cast out far enough...be stuck by your side until you lit something up and let him go🙈

He got over my old beddy bull grey bitch when she was 10..she had 13 pups born by emergency C-section..10 dead inside her,had 2 dogs,1 bitch that I kept( Mrs gave it away to friends after their dog was run over by the builder on their farm😔)..bitch pup at 5 months old in 3rd  pic down ,turned into a real handy bitch(about 6 years old 2nd pic)..but at 3 yr old she caught an infection and had the gearbox removed......so that was the end of that🙈 back to the drawing board...got my big Wheaton bitch next ...and she's riddled with lumps at 5 yr old....somethings ain't meant to be👍1627008557_2016-02-0221_03_45.jpg.83e703aa1deaf1442760d0e014edf6a1.jpgIMG-20200510-WA0000.jpg.cf30354b4cf0c36c8403fea6e912dfcd.jpg414799643_2017-04-2915_31_49.jpg.2d5292f2d379bd91be364a3ed2908656.jpg

• Like 4

I looked after a ridgeback x greyhound for a lad for a couple of weeks  who went on holiday. Fcuk me it was a thing, you would let it off the the lead in a field and it would keep running until it came to a hedge then turn either left or right and just keep going until it had done at least a full lap of the field boundary lol. I didn't like it and it wasn't the best working animal I had seen.

2 minutes ago, trigger2 said:

I looked after a ridgeback x greyhound for a lad for a couple of weeks  who went on holiday. Fcuk me it was a thing, you would let it off the the lead in a field and it would keep running until it came to a hedge then turn either left or right and just keep going until it had done at least a full lap of the field boundary lol. I didn't like it and it wasn't the best working animal I had seen.

You sure it wasn't a saluki cross?

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Can't see why anyone would want to try and produce working dogs by using a breed which is pretty much a show/pet breed.

I would say if you bred proper working dogo's with greyhounds you'd get some quality animals, they are much leggier than an APBT and some of the working strains are dynamite.

3 hours ago, downsouth said:

Can't see why anyone would want to try and produce working dogs by using a breed which is pretty much a show/pet breed.

True mate and your right , be intreasting  what they use now I'm Africa  regards  as working hound over there. I did read that the good stuff. That's ridgeback,  boerbol , they keep them selves , it only  there jumping on the bandwagon  selling those breeds  pups to the UK,  America, etc but this deff  very strong possibility,  that they keep well bred apbts over there, and tested on the box. They could do what been done over here in UK  using bulldogs  x sighthounds with good results  as we all know.  You never know mate, they may have been doing this for years .??

5 hours ago, big feet said:

I would say if you bred proper working dogo's with greyhounds you'd get some quality animals, they are much leggier than an APBT and some of the working strains are dynamite.

80%of bull/greyhounds aint worth a carrot because of the crappy bred bulldogs that were used in the first place.Id say these dynamite working strain dogos that you speak of are even harder to find than a decent bulldog.Id say the chance of finding one over here is probably zero

14 minutes ago, downsouth said:

80%of bull/greyhounds aint worth a carrot because of the crappy bred bulldogs that were used in the first place.Id say these dynamite working strain dogos that you speak of are even harder to find than a decent bulldog.Id say the chance of finding one over here is probably zero

Definitely agree with you there, but if you could source a genuine dogo I think they would make a great dog to go over a greyhound, what are they, a good 25 inch at least and the good ones are built like bull crosses.