10 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

I did sell it on mate after a few years. Just used it less and less over time. Shame really. Some fella brought it off me to do photography at rugby games. To be honest mate, I loved getting out with the gear and taking pics.. wildlife, dogs, kids, whippet racing whatever it was, but I absolutely hated, and was useless at managing the files on the laptop, as in processing the RAW files, and just generally managing, organising and storing them. It was a monumental ballache. Probably what actually put me off in the end!

Yes, that's what I can see myself getting bored with. It would be so much simpler if they were like phones where you just took the pic and it saved on a cloud system. I think it's because there's that much data in an image that's not possible, yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, big feet said:

Yes, that's what I can see myself getting bored with. It would be so much simpler if they were like phones where you just took the pic and it saved on a cloud system. I think it's because there's that much data in an image that's not possible, yet.

It's a big negative to getting into photography.. especially if you're not particularly minded that way.. like me! They must be some user friendly software out these days for such things. I was using the old Lightroom software and literally processing one image at a time. Painful when you've been machine gunning flying ducks all morning at 7 fps as it was back then. All my stuff is fortunately stored on a hard drive buried away somewhere. Be nice to dig it out and see what's on there. Just have the odd few on phone from back then at the moment. 

She's my eldest and is 19 now!

0271-Edit-Edit.jpg.ecca2d2de28b0e6b7215d6be413bf067.jpg

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

It's a big negative to getting into photography.. especially if you're not particularly minded that way.. like me! They must be some user friendly software out these days for such things. I was using the old Lightroom software and literally processing one image at a time. Painful when you've been machine gunning flying ducks all morning at 7 fps as it was back then. All my stuff is fortunately stored on a hard drive buried away somewhere. Be nice to dig it out and see what's on there. Just have the odd few on phone from back then at the moment. 

She's my eldest and is 19 now!

0271-Edit-Edit.jpg.ecca2d2de28b0e6b7215d6be413bf067.jpg

The couple of shots I have taken in the house admittedly don't look better on my phone than my phone pics, considering that is it pointless? It's not as though we are making large prints or anything. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, big feet said:

The couple of shots I have taken in the house admittedly don't look better on my phone than my phone pics, considering that is it pointless? It's not as though we are making large prints or anything. Lol

It probably is.. sell it now!! Lol..

Have you given it any low light tests yet? It's going to be loads better than any camera phone.. you've just got to push it's limits a bit to see the benefits and what's it's capable of. My brother is really into photography and he shot a couple of weddings for mates with a your camera or an earlier modle and the images he got where unbelievable! He's had just about every camera ever made! Lol.. You've got to know how to push things to the max and obviously he's mastered the editing side of things a long time ago. He knows what he's doing. But even the wedding reception dance floor pics where insane and that's without a flash and in very poor challenging low light. Very sharp and no grain. Crazy for a camera that size! There's a lot to learn pal! I wish I could help you!! Lol..

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Belter that! Drop him line.. lol..

A few years ago when I was walking on the old pit he asked me if he could take some pics of my dog, he must have just been starting out. I started following him on FB and have spoken to him, I'm gonna meet him and see what he thinks of the camera and it's settings, his pics are mint, he's got a Nikon D810 with a Sigma 200-600m lens, it's a full frame camera so has a bigger sensor and more MP, might ask to swap. Lol

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, big feet said:

A few years ago when I was walking on the old pit he asked me if he could take some pics of my dog, he must have just been starting out. I started following him on FB and have spoken to him, I'm gonna meet him and see what he thinks of the camera and it's settings, his pics are mint, he's got a Nikon D810 with a Sigma 200-600m lens, it's a full frame camera so has a bigger sensor and more MP, might ask to swap. Lol

Good move that mate. You can ask him how he goes about his processing and that. I'm sure you could learn a lot from him. Once you've mastered it.. you can start putting images on Alamy and the like to make a few quid! Lol.. my brother has sold loads over the years. I don't think it really pays a deal though to be honest. Most of his stuff is landscape pics from around Sherwood forest when he's been out dog walking. I know the Mail and Express and used his pics for their online sites before. Another one was a water droplet underneath a leaf with the forest reflecting upside-down in it. That was used on a run of 600 books in South Africa! Lol.. there.. some incentive for you!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Good move that mate. You can ask him how he goes about his processing and that. I'm sure you could learn a lot from him. Once you've mastered it.. you can start putting images on Alamy and the like to make a few quid! Lol.. my brother has sold loads over the years. I don't think it really pays a deal though to be honest. Most of his stuff is landscape pics from around Sherwood forest when he's been out dog walking. I know the Mail and Express and used his pics for their online sites before. Another one was a water droplet underneath a leaf with the forest reflecting upside-down in it. That was used on a run of 600 books in South Africa! Lol.. there.. some incentive for you!!

He uses lightroom but the great thing about Canon they have their own free editing app and some argue it's just as good as Lightroom. The kid has a full frame camera so in theory it should give better images but in all comparisons my camera is rated higher. I will have to see the difference in reality, specs tell you nothing. But if I can shoot images like him I will cream my pants. Lol

• Like 1
13 hours ago, big feet said:

These are some images taken by my camera.

53678210135_a71e919d0d_c.jpg

53735789546_7b65b5ac21_c.jpg

53713790635_27238f235a_c.jpg

Some nice bokeh/ blur going on there. Any idea what lense was used mate? Looks like a really low F number with that shallow depth of field. I'm guessing a telephoto lens of some sort because of the reach needed for the small birds unless a hide was used or heavy cropping of the imagine afterwards. Also, I'm guessing the blur can be added in processing after, not suggesting that's been done here mind. I bet those pics look great at rull res on the desk top, I'm only on my phone here!

10 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Some nice bokeh/ blur going on there. Any idea what lense was used mate? Looks like a really low F number with that shallow depth of field. I'm guessing a telephoto lens of some sort because of the reach needed for the small birds unless a hide was used or heavy cropping of the imagine afterwards. Also, I'm guessing the blur can be added in processing after, not suggesting that's been done here mind. I bet those pics look great at rull res on the desk top, I'm only on my phone here!

Not sure, could be a prime lens or a zoom lens. Great images and something to look forward to, a lot to learn