Did you have a good Upbringing?

17 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I don’t understand the hated and eagerness for bannning Greb / pewitt \ dog fox etc 

it’s f***ing bollocks and I think he adds massive value here , what’s the alternative ? 

Most of the ones constantly wanting him banned are the ones he pulls or questions over their dreaming or outright bulls**t.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I enjoyed growing up  on one of the most deprived (apparently)council estates in the UK🙄...was taught what was right from wrong,never to raise a hand to a women,respect my elders,never bully or take o

Depends how you judge things I had shit parents grew up on a bad council estate was pretty feral from my early teens, but I,ve learnt from the negatives looked after my own kids to well and am doing a

I grew up on an estate in East London it was what it was, my mother remarried when I was relatively young and my stepfather didn’t like me or my brother in fact he was an absolute arsehole I don’t rea

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, bird said:

Haha , yes it a good thing, if you got fook all in your life, no money. Can't get decent  job, with  no bad money, nit talking about  the.minum  wage either . My son who 37, got degree   went passed out ad sports  physio  therapy  after  3 course good English,  OK maths, very good amateur  footballer, fit,  very strong bloke. Now don't know if N/S would  have been wasted on him , he pissed the training  no prob, unless they could give good job out of it. Instead  of just cannon  fodder,  it be a waste to him I think, oknhenlojedca drink and liked the girls, but never was any trouble. Not like his fookin thick dad, I walked very thin line, could have, ended  in trouble easy  , glad I stopped drinking 14 years ago. The N/S might helped me lot more than it would have helped my son.98

Only thing it did for the oldman was give him some great memories and some scares up his arm as he did his N/S in the Royal Veterinary core and was posted with his dog he had gone through training with at Melton Mowbray to the middle east. He had an album full of black and white photos I used to show all my mates. One of my sisters still has them though I only see them both these days at funerals. 

18 hours ago, YOKEL said:

In answer to the original question, Dickensian at best, plenty of trauma from that shite, and not a family member am I in contact with. But you learn from it, and my daughter's have flourished from my understanding of how not to be. As a great man once said "our revenge will be the laughter of our children"....as for pewit, greb etc, the man's a hoot! Comedy gold, stop banning him! Give him his own section...😅😅😅

Yokel 

A Bobby sands quote  yoke 👍

• Like 3

yes taught right from wrong,respect your elders hold open doors for the ladies,give up your seat on a bus to less able people and if you have nothing nice to say about someone say nothing at all.usual stuff that kids of my generation were taught.

• Like 4
21 hours ago, YOKEL said:

In answer to the original question, Dickensian at best, plenty of trauma from that shite, and not a family member am I in contact with. But you learn from it, and my daughter's have flourished from my understanding of how not to be. As a great man once said "our revenge will be the laughter of our children"....as for pewit, greb etc, the man's a hoot! Comedy gold, stop banning him! Give him his own section...😅😅😅

Yokel 

Was he really a great man ? 

He was that great he starved himself for a cause he was never gonna win 

I enjoyed growing up  on one of the most deprived (apparently)council estates in the UK🙄...was taught what was right from wrong,never to raise a hand to a women,respect my elders,never bully or take off those with no more than yourselves....had lots of freedom(too much at times)and any thing that  went wrong,I only had myself to blame..took it on the chin,and cracked the f**k on...never ever had a handout so long as Ive had a hole in my arsehole...

Bringing my own children up differently to how I was,gone without lots and made sacrifices...hopefully they turn out as good honest human beings,then my work here is done 👍 

• Like 16
5 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I enjoyed growing up  on one of the most deprived (apparently)council estates in the UK🙄...was taught what was right from wrong,never to raise a hand to a women,respect my elders,never bully or take off those with no more than yourselves....had lots of freedom(too much at times)and any thing that  went wrong,I only had myself to blame..took it on the chin,and cracked the f**k on...never ever had a handout so long as Ive had a hole in my arsehole...

Bringing my own children up differently to how I was,gone without lots and made sacrifices...hopefully they turn out as good honest human beings,then my work here is done 👍 

Top man , enjoyed reading that , be proud of your self. I've sent pm.  

• Like 1
On 07/09/2024 at 19:18, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I don’t understand the hated and eagerness for bannning Greb / pewitt \ dog fox etc 

it’s f***ing bollocks and I think he adds massive value here , what’s the alternative ? 

Has he been banned again? Agree when he’s on form his contributions are as good as anyone’s.., and he’s at least got a sense of humour. Think the issue for some is he sometimes gets into these bickering matches that destroy threads. Thing is it takes at least two to tango, and there’s been a few times I’ve seen where the minute he posts, someone takes a pot shot and so the sh!te all starts again. 
I don’t mind the odd frank exchange if I have a difference of opinion with someone, but you need to let it go afterwards. Take all the personal insults to PM.., or even better, take them to the nearest racecourse for a good old fashioned Friday night ‘offliner’.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, downsouth said:

Most of the ones constantly wanting him banned are the ones he pulls or questions over their dreaming or outright bulls**t.

its the internet and lads report him to get banned lol imagine living near the c**ts lol 

• Like 5
23 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

Has he been banned again? Agree when he’s on form his contributions are as good as anyone’s.., and he’s at least got a sense of humour. Think the issue for some is he sometimes gets into these bickering matches that destroy threads. Thing is it takes at least two to tango, and there’s been a few times I’ve seen where the minute he posts, someone takes a pot shot and so the sh!te all starts again. 
I don’t mind the odd frank exchange if I have a difference of opinion with someone, but you need to let it go afterwards. Take all the personal insults to PM.., or even better, take them to the nearest racecourse for a good old fashioned Friday night ‘offliner’.

Seen the same with a few members that got people taking shots at them when they posted and then when they retaliate all the crew get together like playground bullies and all jumped in making it worse.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

I think he's a good craic at the beginning of threads but then takes it too far and it becomes tedious and boring, jmho, the constant banning is a joke.....Im gonna stop reporting him 😂

• Haha 2

Grew up on a council estate in the 70’s/80’s (who didn’t?) and my family had a bit of a rough time financially for a while and for reasons I won’t go into here. As a result we had less than most but were by no means the poorest kids on the estate. I was loved as a kid, but was never really shown love. My folks were both from broken homes and so I put some of it down to that. Since becoming a father I’ve done everything I could to provide all the things I can in the hope that my kids don’t experience that kind of indignity that poverty imposes. My kids want for nothing but I now wonder/worry if the adversity I’ve shielded them from will make them weaker as a result. 
As for showing love, I hug my kids and tell them I love them more times in a month than I had from my folks in my life. Dropped my eldest off to start uni on Saturday and whilst her and her mum were all tearful, she turned to me and said ‘I know you don’t do emotions’. I had no answer.

Anyway, as for my childhood I’m sure there’s a lot of things I’d change it wish didn’t happen, but I’d do it all again in a heartbeat. The long summer holidays, camping/biking trips, playing football all day, nicking fruit out of gardens, rope swings and not to mention the hunting and fishing.., and what I’d give to see that egg collection again.

• Like 3