Did you have a good Upbringing?

34 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I sort of agree. Him and I get along ok , he’s polite to me and I to him.

Yeah ; he’s always looking for a bite, and he certainly gets them !

But let’s be honest, he’s an amateur compared to some that have been on here in the past.

Just don’t take the bait, or he will reel you in ! LOL !

Cheers.

Along with one or two others charts .you are a chap that deserves respect, .you are always respectful.to.others, civility and manners 

• Like 2

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I enjoyed growing up  on one of the most deprived (apparently)council estates in the UK🙄...was taught what was right from wrong,never to raise a hand to a women,respect my elders,never bully or take o

Depends how you judge things I had shit parents grew up on a bad council estate was pretty feral from my early teens, but I,ve learnt from the negatives looked after my own kids to well and am doing a

I grew up on an estate in East London it was what it was, my mother remarried when I was relatively young and my stepfather didn’t like me or my brother in fact he was an absolute arsehole I don’t rea

Posted Images

In answer to the original question, Dickensian at best, plenty of trauma from that shite, and not a family member am I in contact with. But you learn from it, and my daughter's have flourished from my understanding of how not to be. As a great man once said "our revenge will be the laughter of our children"....as for pewit, greb etc, the man's a hoot! Comedy gold, stop banning him! Give him his own section...😅😅😅

Yokel 

Edited by YOKEL
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

Along with one or two others charts .you are a chap that deserves respect, .you are always respectful.to.others, civility and manners 

I wasn’t always, mate ! With age and experience comes knowledge, understanding and humility…..I think ! LOL !

Cheers.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Chris Ryan or Andy McNab ?

Cheers.

1 of them's from Whitley Bay, can't remember which and obviously not their real names. My brother in law used to try and tap him  (not in a SAS way obviously) every year when he was doing fund raising sportsman's dinners but his fees were extortionate 🙂 

Just now, eastcoast said:

1 of them's from Whitley Bay, can't remember which and obviously not their real names. My brother in law used to try and tap him  (not in a SAS way obviously) every year when he was doing fund raising sportsman's dinners but his fees were extortionate 🙂 

Both nom de guerres I think.

Cheers.

17 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

Chris Ryan or Andy McNab ?

Cheers.

Ta. The latter. I've had a few. That's my excuse.  I'm actually in your part of the World. Craster. Nice people. Shit beer.

4 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

Chris Ryan I believe his book the one that got away I found a good read. 

• Like 3

I was given a fair bit of freedom, i was allowed to cycle to the river at night to go sea trout fishing, and i had an air rifle which allowed me to go shooting. Also went beating regularly. I do however want to note that the things i am complaining about are very very mundane compared to what some of you went through so i cannot complain too much. Cheers Aled 

Edited by Aled
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
6 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Ta. The latter. I've had a few. That's my excuse.  I'm actually in your part of the World. Craster. Nice people. Shit beer.

Famous for its crab, but sadly little or no fishing fleet now in the harbour.

Cheers.

• Like 2
Just now, chartpolski said:

Famous for its crab, but sadly little or no fishing fleet now in the harbour.

Cheers.

Yeah, the Mrs is a big seafood fan and has just bankrupted us on a seafood platter. I've just found a decent pint_ Shipyard Ale. 

5 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Chris Ryan I believe his book the one that got away I found a good read. 

We did manage to land Sir Ranulph Fiennes 1 year who agreed to do a talk for far less than his labour norms. It was genuine charity stuff, for 2 good causes. John Parret was good 1 year, Andre Agassi died a death, Nookie Bear was hands down the best, far better than Roger De Courcey. 

Ok childhood not close with parents don’t really have a bond we’re poor and I was aware of the struggle we got our first whippet and that’s all I did was out with that dogs anytime I wasn’t at school 

went down wrong in teens pulled it together went down rougher path last few years and pulled through that now as well lucky still got kids in my life and even if I’m not with there mum now we’re ok and I don’t spend my time making selfish choices that affect everyone else work, dog, kids when I have them I make the absolute most trying to get them outside as much as possible because every childhood happy memory I have is being out doors in the countryside 

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, Aled said:

Ok financially we were OK, Dad was Dr, and Mum was a nurse both now retired, however as to my childhood well...1 to 11 years old, fine all was well, 12 to 21, was sheer hell! I am not academic, due to Mam not being pushed academically i was pushed...irrationally hard, unfortunately i could not achieve the required grades (Mam wished she'd gone to Med school so i was to be her replacement) it was awful, and rather cruel looking back*, thankfully after the realisation that Mam's dream was not going to be fulfilled we got on well, there were the usual arguments, drinking too much (a bit hypocritical of them now looking back!) smoking (they were right i gave up years ago!), but it was OK. However despite this i was given a fair bit of freedom, i was allowed to cycle to the river at night to go sea trout fishing, and i had an air rifle which allowed me to go shooting. Also went beating regularly. I do however want to note that the things i am complaining about are very very mundane compared to what some of you went through so i cannot complain too much. Cheers Aled 

*My mam was also very cruel to my sister who was overweight and it has had a negative effect on her as an adult. To be fair to Mam she probably though she was doing the right thing, but she wasn't. 

They f**k you up your mum and dad

They may not mean to but they do

They give you all the faults they had

And add some more just for you

Poem by Philip Larkin

• Haha 2
39 minutes ago, Aled said:

Ok financially we were OK, Dad was Dr, and Mum was a nurse both now retired, however as to my childhood well...1 to 11 years old, fine all was well, 12 to 21, was sheer hell! I am not academic, due to Mam not being pushed academically i was pushed...irrationally hard, unfortunately i could not achieve the required grades (Mam wished she'd gone to Med school so i was to be her replacement) it was awful, and rather cruel looking back*, thankfully after the realisation that Mam's dream was not going to be fulfilled we got on well, there were the usual arguments, drinking too much (a bit hypocritical of them now looking back!) smoking (they were right i gave up years ago!), but it was OK. However despite this i was given a fair bit of freedom, i was allowed to cycle to the river at night to go sea trout fishing, and i had an air rifle which allowed me to go shooting. Also went beating regularly. I do however want to note that the things i am complaining about are very very mundane compared to what some of you went through so i cannot complain too much. Cheers Aled 

*My mam was also very cruel to my sister who was overweight and it has had a negative effect on her as an adult. To be fair to Mam she probably though she was doing the right thing, but she wasn't. 

You're mam living vicariously through yourself, or trying to? Best intentions with your sister but dealt with in the wrong way? Fishing, shooting and out and about in nature though, it has kept a lot of us sane and still does.

• Like 2