Did you have a good Upbringing?

Just now, jukel123 said:

Yeah, but apart from that, your childhood was a breeze? Deliriously happy?

Happy when I was with Grandad, granny and the uncles and aunts. With dad, no. He was a nasty b*****d. It's nice to see him dribbling and pissing himself in a home, he deserves it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I enjoyed growing up  on one of the most deprived (apparently)council estates in the UK🙄...was taught what was right from wrong,never to raise a hand to a women,respect my elders,never bully or take o

Depends how you judge things I had shit parents grew up on a bad council estate was pretty feral from my early teens, but I,ve learnt from the negatives looked after my own kids to well and am doing a

I grew up on an estate in East London it was what it was, my mother remarried when I was relatively young and my stepfather didn’t like me or my brother in fact he was an absolute arsehole I don’t rea

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jukel123 said:

I had a fantastic, free childhood. I roamed the streets till all hours. I had lots of friends And I looked forward to everyday.

Christmas, playing football and cricket from dawn to dusk. Easter eggs, new clothes at Whit, long summer holidays wearing wellies and roaming all over Salford and beyond. A platform ticket was my passport to the world. Just go to the toilet whenever the guard appeared and you could travel anywhere. We used to wait till we spied a pond. Get off at the next station,walk back and  catch frogs and newts to our heart's content. I used to keep a few and sell the rest  at school. Same for conker season. Collect bag fulls and sell them for a penny each. I was seriously rich.

Bonfire night was one of the highlights of the year. Collecting firewood, scrapping with other kids who claimed the same wood and letting off fireworks for  a fortnight. We always had our own bonfire and we defended our wood in shifts. Come the big night my mam would make chewy treacle toffee and I can remember her beaming at the height of the bonfire her army of sons had built. I remember her delighted, reddened face illuminated by the firelight. I think she became a little girl again for the night.

A brilliant childhood . I wouldn't have swapped it.

My dad was a grumpy, distant figure but he brought the money in, repaired the soles and heels of our shoes, cut our hair and kept discipline...allegedly. 8 boys was a big ask, but he managed.

We were poor and everybody else was too. All my clothes were hand me downs with the odd new shirt or jumper at Whit. We occasionally had our electricity cut off. But we had tilly lamps and primus stoves so it was more of an adventure than a deprivation.

All in all I reckon my parents did me proud. My dad blotted his copy book with occasional bouts of violence towards my mother which I never forgave him for. But if I were to give my parents marks for my childhood it would be a definite 9.

Did you star in little house on the prairie or The Waltons,I imagined the music playing in the background as I read it and you lived on east street.

• Haha 3

Started writing a big reply but thought f*ck it . Yea we was poor but I didn't know that at the time and had a whale of a time running riot as a kid .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Timmy H said:

He was a nasty b*****d. It's nice to see him dribbling and pissing himself in a home, he deserves it.

My mother died in a care home,senile and doddery,I left home early and got as far away as I possibly could,never saw either of my parents again,they were both brutal and stupid,never went to their funerals,I told my kids when they asked about my parents that they had died in a plane crash in Africa and cannibals had eaten the remains cooked to perfection by the burning aircraft.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2
3 minutes ago, Chid said:

Started writing a big reply but thought f*ck it . Yea we was poor but I didn't know that at the time and had a whale of a time running riot as a kid .

Too right ,I was put in care ,bit of an adventure, lived in various shyi holes ,as long as I had my brother, we just got on with it ,like to think I've turned out OK, and I'm blaming no one ,just try to be a decent human being 

• Like 11
23 minutes ago, Timmy H said:

Not all like that. My old man is ex RAF, a right b*****d. My sister was an officer, she's a nasty thieving cow, we don't speak to her.

Mums brothers were all in the navy and hated my dad, I do too. He's a bully and a c**t and unfortunately still alive. I have a bottle of Green Ore waiting to celebrate when he kicks the bucket. Hopefully soon.

Sorry to hear that mate.

17 minutes ago, mackem said:

Did you star in little house on the prairie or The Waltons,I imagined the music playing in the background as I read it and you lived on east street.

I did actually Mack ( where you been?). Sorry I shouldn't ask of the mystery man's movements.

Our house was a prefab. All around were bomb sites ...rubble, thanks to the Luftwaffe. So yeah there we were in amongst the debris, two pubs on either side of us which were frequented by ladies of the night and foreign seamen.

These seamen used to produce lots of semen which they would deposit in contraceptives with the help of ladies of the night. Frequently, my mam ,who was something of a ferocious banty hen, would scream and shout at copulating couples, shrieking that she had children watching and would throw a bucket water over them.

So yeah, little house on the prairie, the vice and the violence from the seamen went over our heads. Seriously, it was a great childhood.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, mackem said:

My mother died in a care home,senile and doddery,I left home early and got as far away as I possibly could,never saw either of my parents again,they were both brutal and stupid,never went to their funerals,I told my kids when they asked about my parents that they had died in a plane crash in Africa and cannibals had eaten the remains cooked to perfection by the burning aircraft.

Dad was an alcoholic, gambler, womaniser and abusive. Mum is so f****n stupid it's unbelievable. She still loves the b*****d. I hate them both but I still have contact because of my kids. They don't know the truth and won't until they've both died. Then the truth comes out. They will be cremated and dumped on a dungheap.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
10 minutes ago, mackem said:

Jesus, that's heavy stuff mate.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I did actually Mack ( where you been?). Sorry I shouldn't ask of the mystery man's movements.

Our house was a prefab. All around were bomb sites ...rubble, thanks to the Luftwaffe. So yeah there we were in amongst the debris, two pubs on either side of us which were frequented by ladies of the night and foreign seamen.

These seamen used to produce lots of semen which they would deposit in contraceptives with the help of ladies of ghe night. Frequently, my mam ,who was something of a ferocious banty hen, would scream and shout at copulating couples, shrieking that she had children watching and would grow a bottle of water over them.

So yeah, little house on the prairie, the vice and the violence from the seamen went over our heads. Seriously, it was a great childhood.

I was brought up in a real slum and have no happy memories whatsoever as a kid beatings at home and mental abuse,looking back I know my mother had mental health issues,no boo hoo though,just shit happens,we can’t all have idyllic Famous Five lashings of ginger beer type childhoods.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Chid said:

It’s an interesting topic, and I could really let rip but you don’t do you, you just get on with life the only person I’ve spoken about in detail is to my wife, forums are not the place to go into detail.

Edited by FLATTOP
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, mackem said:

I was brought up in a real slum and have no happy memories whatsoever as a kid beatings at home and mental abuse,looking back I know my mother had mental health issues,no boo hoo though,just shit happens,we can’t all have idyllic Famous Five lashings of ginger beer type childhoods.

I used to to love Famous Five and Secret Seven. There was a kid called called Philip who kept a pet grassnake up his sleeve. He had other pets too. I envied that b*****d.

My mam was such a middle class yummie mummy that she took me to the children's library, filled out a form, lied about my age and with her help, I taught myself to read pretty well before I went to school. Apparently I used to follow her around with a Weetabix packet asking " what does that say?" "What does that mean?" So to get some peace she took me to the library  and I've never stopped reading  since. Lol.

I was my mam's favourite boy and I was the darling of my childless aunty so I had a warm and privileged childhood. I had a big smile and natural charisma. Unlike you, you sad, underprivileged waif and stray.

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, mackem said:

Yep, I loved being with gran and grandad and one of my aunts. I think they realised that my father was a wrong un and mother was too stupid to see it so they made up for it. Mums brothers wanted to sort him but mum begged me not to tell them what he was like, emotional blackmail. As a kid that is horrible, your mum wants to protect her b*****d husband, not her children. I should have told uncles John and Rob, they would have buried the b*****d alive. Too late now but at least with luck I'll see him breathe his last and enjoy it.

• Sad 1
3 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Unlike you, you sad, underprivileged waif and stray.

There’s a river maybe 15 miles away heaving with salmon,thousands of them,I ain’t underprivileged lol