Did you have a good Upbringing?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I enjoyed growing up  on one of the most deprived (apparently)council estates in the UK🙄...was taught what was right from wrong,never to raise a hand to a women,respect my elders,never bully or take o

Depends how you judge things I had shit parents grew up on a bad council estate was pretty feral from my early teens, but I,ve learnt from the negatives looked after my own kids to well and am doing a

I grew up on an estate in East London it was what it was, my mother remarried when I was relatively young and my stepfather didn’t like me or my brother in fact he was an absolute arsehole I don’t rea

Posted Images

Depends how you judge things I had shit parents grew up on a bad council estate was pretty feral from my early teens, but I,ve learnt from the negatives looked after my own kids to well and am doing alright 

• Like 16

I grew up on an estate in East London it was what it was, my mother remarried when I was relatively young and my stepfather didn’t like me or my brother in fact he was an absolute arsehole I don’t really talk about it to be honest.

But I’ve done alright for myself because seeing what an absolute waste of air he was made me more determined to do well for me and my wife & kids.

• Like 13
8 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

The best 

Loads of mates , loads of memories. whatever situation you grew up in , or find yourself in , it’s your mates who rely on to get you through 

I must admit mate I envy my boy for the friendships he’s made in his military service they are all spot on lads and lasses and me and my wife consider a lot of them friends of the family because of the experiences and hardships they have spent together, I will never forget when we went to his passing out parade at RAF Halton and they said you are now part of the RAF family, you will definitely have friends for life due to your career.

We could only dream of a good upbringing.

Well, when I say dream, it was more of a hallucinogenic fleeting thought, brought on through severe malnutrition, but they were dreams to us.  😔

• Haha 6
2 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Well, when I say dream, it was more of a hallucinogenic fleeting thought, brought on through severe malnutrition, but they were dreams to us.  😔

Sad story mate 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Never know when your mucking about mate most of your reply’s hark back to the Monty Python sketch ahhh luxury lol 😂

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Lucky you , we were that poor when we grew up that we had to wank the dog off to feed the cat 

• Haha 12
6 minutes ago, dai dogs said:

Sad story mate 

4 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Never know when your mucking about mate most of your reply’s hark back to the Monty Python sketch ahhh luxury lol 😂

A bit of 'embellishment' there, but not overly so.

My old man worked very hard, and worked away most of the time when I was very young, we'd see him once every 10, 11 or 12 days,  and my old girl was an absolute C@NT that spent almost all my old man's wages he'd send back, on herself on the piss!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I had a fantastic, free childhood. I roamed the streets till all hours. I had lots of friends And I looked forward to everyday.

Christmas, playing football and cricket from dawn to dusk. Easter eggs, new clothes at Whit, long summer holidays wearing wellies and roaming all over Salford and beyond. A platform ticket was my passport to the world. Just go to the toilet whenever the guard appeared and you could travel anywhere. We used to wait till we spied a pond. Get off at the next station,walk back and  catch frogs and newts to our heart's content. I used to keep a few and sell the rest  at school. Same for conker season. Collect bag fulls and sell them for a penny each. I was seriously rich.

Bonfire night was one of the highlights of the year. Collecting firewood, scrapping with other kids who claimed the same wood and letting off fireworks for  a fortnight. We always had our own bonfire and we defended our wood in shifts. Come the big night my mam would make chewy treacle toffee and I can remember her beaming at the height of the bonfire her army of sons had built. I remember her delighted, reddened face illuminated by the firelight. I think she became a little girl again for the night.

A brilliant childhood . I wouldn't have swapped it.

My dad was a grumpy, distant figure but he brought the money in, repaired the soles and heels of our shoes, cut our hair and kept discipline...allegedly. 8 boys was a big ask, but he managed.

We were poor and everybody else was too. All my clothes were hand me downs with the odd new shirt or jumper at Whit. We occasionally had our electricity cut off. But we had tilly lamps and primus stoves so it was more of an adventure than a deprivation.

All in all I reckon my parents did me proud. My dad blotted his copy book with occasional bouts of violence towards my mother which I never forgave him for. But if I were to give my parents marks for my childhood it would be a definite 9.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 10

f***ing hell…….how long you got ? Lol 

Ill say “yes” to cut a long story short, but maybe not for all the traditional reasons…..looking back it made me who I am and I’m ok with me so it’s all good…..ish ! 

• Like 5
28 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Lucky you , we were that poor when we grew up that we had to wank the dog off to feed the cat 

I wish there was a mod to grass you up to. My face is wrinkled in disgust. Dirty b*****d!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
29 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Amazing ! Lol 

7 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I had a fantastic, free childhood. I roamed the streets till all hours. I had lots of friends And I looked forward to everyday.

Christmas, playing football and cricket from dawn to dusk. Easter eggs, new clothes at Whit, long summer holidays wearing wellies and roaming all over Salford and beyond. A platform ticket was my passport to the world. Just go to the toilet whenever the guard appeared and you could travel anywhere. We used to wait till we spied a pond. Get off at the next station,walk back and  catch frogs and newts to our heart's content. I used to keep a few and sell the rest  at school. Same for conker season. Collect bag fulls and sell them for a penny each. I was seriously rich.

Bonfire night was one of the highlights of the year. Collecting firewood, scrapping with other kids who claimed the same wood and letting off fireworks for  a fortnight. We always had our own bonfire and we defended our wood in shifts. Come the big night my mam would make chewy treacle toffee and I can remember her beaming at the height of the bonfire her army of sons had built. I remember her delighted, reddened face illuminated by the firelight. I think she became a little girl again for the night.

A brilliant childhood . I wouldn't have swapped it.

My dad was a grumpy, distant figure but he brought the money in, repaired the soles and heels of our shoes, cut our hair and kept discipline...allegedly. 8 boys was a big ask, but he managed.

We were poor and everybody else was too. All my clothes were hand me downs with the occasional new shirt or jumper at Whit. We occasionally had our electricity cut off. But we had tilly lamps and primus stoves so it was more of an adventure than a deprivation.

All in all I reckon my parents did me proud. My dad blotted his copy book with occasional bouts of violence towards my mother which I never forgave him for. But if I were to give my parents marks for my childhood it would be a definite 9.

That’s a pretty nice post that mate, fair play to you.

• Thanks 1