Breeding siblings ?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It never done me no harm

ive done half brother and sister mating,and son over his mother all pups were fine and good examples of there breed then i out crossed

If dominant is D and recessive is R there is 3 ways they can divide and come together DD DR RR. Good traits are usually dominant. You cant add by inbreeding you can only take away, so you take away th

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, benbui said:

Has anyone had a brother to sister breeding before and was there any problems in the long run? 

Yes and no problems. Both parents need to be healthy and no problems of there own. Have you visited Norfolk?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A neighbor got a male pitbull pup off me years ago and it later got over the fence and over the bitch sibling I had kept. There was some truly outstanding pups, a couple of really small pups and one really weird looking one I was going to pts. My mate took him and he was a great dog, living until 15. The whole litter were very aggressive with each other though and had to be separated at 5 weeks because they were trying to kill each other.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

A neighbor got a male pitbull pup off me years ago and it later got over the fence and over the bitch sibling I had kept. There was some truly outstanding pups, a couple of really small pups and one really weird looking one I was going to pts. My mate took him and he was a great dog, living until 15. The whole litter were very aggressive with each other though and had to be separated at 5 weeks because they were trying to kill each other.

Sounds bonza

4 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

Fair dinkum?

7 hours ago, Black neck said:

It never done me no harm

O did think bit strange  but it was water in the coffee  haha only joking mate, your good lad

never had a ped dog until now, my whippet bitch is bred half brother to sister, looking on whippet pedigrees it looks a common thing and with good results. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Krishna said:

There's obviously more risks of something going wrong but you'd be just as well mating a son to mother, genetically it's the same as a brother to sister mating.

I thought you could go father to daughter okay. But not son to mother?