• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The queue waiting for the Oasis gig tickets to go on sale.Gunna be silly Paul weller haircuts and shitty green parkas as far as the eye can see.

If you try to find the musical soundtrack of our lives , they may be the glam sounds of an exotically grimy LA for some with guns and roses , the urban decay and grind of hip hop , the neon fairground

😂  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Mrs came down before excited that oasis are reforming and is awaiting a announcement on Tuesday no doubt I will be paying 

Me too and I’m hoping they do maybe a final type thing in Manchester. Tickets, flights and I’ll be staying with a mate for that! Fuuck it, I’d sleep on Canal street for that :laugh: 

• Haha 1

My what's apps been red hot today, looks like the clamour for tickets will be a mad one... watched them local in the 90s and they were shite...can't wait to see them again!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

My what's apps been red hot today, looks like the clamour for tickets will be a mad one... watched them local in the 90s and they were shite...can't wait to see them again!

Always reminded me of a second rate beatles tribute band

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Always reminded me of a second rate beatles tribute band

Maybe so mate, but it was all about the time as much as anything, the 90s was a great time to be a young lad, I was 18 when Definitely Maybe came out, I loved all the music at that time, I'd never say Oasis are breaking any modes or are musical geniuses, but they fitted a time in life perfectly for lots of young lads, it's a massive trip down memory lane for loads of us... it will break all records when the tickets become available.

I took the "kids" to watch Blur at Wembley last summer, it'll be Oasis next year with a bit of luck 

• Like 8
1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

Maybe so mate, but it was all about the time as much as anything, the 90s was a great time to be a young lad, I was 18 when Definitely Maybe came out, I loved all the music at that time, I'd never say Oasis are breaking any modes or are musical geniuses, but they fitted a time in life perfectly for lots of young lads, it's a massive trip down memory lane for loads of us... it will break all records when the tickets become available.

I took the "kids" to watch Blur at Wembley last summer, it'll be Oasis next year with a bit of luck 

Just taking the piss mate, I actually liked some of their stuff

• Like 1

There is a fella I always see in asda a customer. He is in his 50,s like me. He has the haircut , the tight pants , the shoes , the flowery shirt , parka the lot. He looks a right twit. Am sorry but every time I see him I just want to beat him up lol. 

But as a fellow Manc, yeah be good to see them back together. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If you try to find the musical soundtrack of our lives , they may be the glam sounds of an exotically grimy LA for some with guns and roses , the urban decay and grind of hip hop , the neon fairground of dance music , be it jungle , garage , house , trance , clubland , rave , for most of us , oasis will be a pretty large part of that .

The only true voice for British males in that period , who spoke to a generation of us , regardless of who we all listened to , the single common thread is oasis . 

I saw then described as arrogant , shite .  Noel Gallagher has every right to be arrogant . He wrote arguably the uks greatest album , song and b side collection .

Live forever ( written about his brother Liam ) is arguably the greatest friendship song ever written and is often voted the uks greatest song. 

a sign of Noel’s genius is that he wrote a song called all around the world , and sat on it for more that a decade until the band could afford an orchestra to play it.

He also in my opinion wrote the best song ever recorded , ( masterplan)  and threw it away buried in a b side . 

they just did not care about the traditional route to success . They are completely unique in that regard. They were five lads from council estates in Manchester when they started and that’s what they have remained throughout . 

Are they the world’s greatest band ? 

probably not , but there’s not many better . You can’t compare them to anyone else really for the influence and the impact they had over the last thirty years. 

in a way I don’t want them to get back , I want them to be the oasis they were . They can’t be . but it will  be fun to see them back again .

IMG_6850.jpeg

IMG_6849.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

My missus is all excited as she never got to see them in their day, me not so much, I was into pills and warehouse parties, but I’d definitely go with her this time round 

• Like 1

I saw them at Sheffield arena in the 90s and have got to say it was one of the best live concerts I have ever been to and I have all their CDs though now and again I still listen to their tracks on Spotify. What's not to like about them being white working class lads who made and wrote some iconic tracks. Though I am with Stiffy on this as regards them making a comeback though I hope it goes well and anyone lucky enough to get a ticket to see them have a memorable experience. 

• Like 2

I'm over the moon for you lads that this reunion means so much to. I have mates late 40's same as me and they're buzzing their tits off over it. I was never remotely interested in them to be honest. Back then I was banging my nut to Slayer, Metallica and Megadeath!! and still am!! Lol.. I hope you all get the tickets you want and have a mint time anyway!! You can't beat a live gig whatever it is that you're into!. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1