Breeding silver ferrets

I have heard it can be risky to breed silver to silver or BEW 

so was just wondering is there any risk or dangers in breeding a silver with a non silver that had silver in its background. 
For example a sandy or polecat colour that had a silver parent. 

3 hours ago, Pugsly said:

I have heard it can be risky to breed silver to silver or BEW 

so was just wondering is there any risk or dangers in breeding a silver with a non silver that had silver in its background. 
For example a sandy or polecat colour that had a silver parent. 

….. As long as you don’t get it wet …. And never ever feed it after midnight

When working a really big or deep place with double number ferrets in i find it handy to have different coloured ferrets so you can see who is showing at the holes and you know if one hasn't shown for a bit without walking all over the burrow . Once we tried marking albinos with different felt pens between the shoulder blades after 5 minutes in the box they came out all the colours of the rainbow and we couldn't tell them apart LOL , That's the only reason i would try to breed silvers as you can get a colour range from light sivers to nearly polecat markings 

21 minutes ago, The one said:

When working a really big or deep place with double number ferrets in i find it handy to have different coloured ferrets so you can see who is showing at the holes and you know if one hasn't shown for a bit without walking all over the burrow . Once we tried marking albinos with different felt pens between the shoulder blades after 5 minutes in the box they came out all the colours of the rainbow and we couldn't tell them apart LOL , That's the only reason i would try to breed silvers as you can get a colour range from light sivers to nearly polecat markings 

Use different coloured collars on albinos …… simples 😳

• Like 2

All my collars are the same colour its the sender units that are different colours so unless they lift there heads when there out even different coloured tape on the collars dont really help. Far handier saying that silver , sandy's no shown for a while better try having a look with the box 

I’m not particularly looking to breed silvers I got some kits this year all from the same litter there’s 2 silvers and 2 sandys. I just wanted to find out about the breeding silver to silver thing in case I want to breed from any of them next year. I probably will end up looking into using a vasectomised hob as I wouldn’t want to breed just for sake of it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/08/2024 at 17:12, neil b said:

IMG_8507.jpeg.2d00c640af3679c2fb2409e56ab3ebd9.jpegcan’t be any easier at a quick glance 

I went on to photobuck to post a pict of all my mk1 collars and i cant get into it now they want a £5 a month and they wont let you see your photos robbin barstools 

• Haha 2