Right I'm in a predicament, I've been getting me and my dogs fit for the forthcoming season by jogging alot, then the other day whilst running I tripped over the dogs and broke my hip. So I'm out of action for a while and want to keep the dogs fit whilst waiting for recovery, so when I am right, I should be able to get the dogs out straight away. I'm after a small slatmill I've seen them on fire paw, and think they should be big enough for terriers yet small enough to tuck into a corner when not in use, anyone had one? Also anyone got one for sale, don't mind buying new but the waiting time can be two weeks, which doesn't sound bad but the dogs are going off their tit's on the short walks their getting at the moment, not off me as I can't even make it up the stairs without help

What sort of dogs are they mate ?.....if they're adult dogs that have never run a free running slatmill you might be surprised how long it can take a dog to get used to one....plenty of dogs get spooked by them,the noise in particular.

Do you need your dogs full out running wide open ? if not then a normal human type slow running electric mill would probably suit better.......you cant condition a dog on an electric mill but for just ticking over and maintenance type exercise they are good......or even one of them Fit Fur Life ones i only saw one up for sale the other day but they are bigger than you think....even a medium size Firepaw mill takes up more space than you might think.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, timmy k said:

Right I'm in a predicament, I've been getting me and my dogs fit for the forthcoming season by jogging alot, then the other day whilst running I tripped over the dogs and broke my hip. So I'm out of action for a while and want to keep the dogs fit whilst waiting for recovery, so when I am right, I should be able to get the dogs out straight away. I'm after a small slatmill I've seen them on fire paw, and think they should be big enough for terriers yet small enough to tuck into a corner when not in use, anyone had one? Also anyone got one for sale, don't mind buying new but the waiting time can be two weeks, which doesn't sound bad but the dogs are going off their tit's on the short walks their getting at the moment, not off me as I can't even make it up the stairs without help

Any video 😂 

1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

What sort of dogs are they mate ?.....if they're adult dogs that have never run a free running slatmill you might be surprised how long it can take a dog to get used to one....plenty of dogs get spooked by them,the noise in particular.

Do you need your dogs full out running wide open ? if not then a normal human type slow running electric mill would probably suit better.......you cant condition a dog on an electric mill but for just ticking over and maintenance type exercise they are good......or even one of them Fit Fur Life ones i only saw one up for sale the other day but they are bigger than you think....even a medium size Firepaw mill takes up more space than you might think.

Their Patterdales, I know what your saying about them getting used to it but I've a bitch here that if you put a balloon in front of she turns possessed, so that will be her motivation  and a dog that's not fazed by nothing and loves to run, so I don't think it'll take more than a few goes.

As for the normal treadmills, their still pretty big and I was gonna get a slatmill anyways, this has just give me the nudge, if the mini ones I've seen will fit my dogs I don't think it'll take up to much space

1 hour ago, dillydog said:

Any video 😂 

Unfortunately not, might of made a bit of money out of it, but I think lying their  for 40 mins, separating 3 terriers fighting whilst getting splashed by passing cars might of had people die of laughter

• Haha 3
19 hours ago, timmy k said:

Their Patterdales, I know what your saying about them getting used to it but I've a bitch here that if you put a balloon in front of she turns possessed, so that will be her motivation  and a dog that's not fazed by nothing and loves to run, so I don't think it'll take more than a few goes.

As for the normal treadmills, their still pretty big and I was gonna get a slatmill anyways, this has just give me the nudge, if the mini ones I've seen will fit my dogs I don't think it'll take up to much space

Just so you get an idea sizewise this isnt a big dog by any means and its a medium sized mill.....personally i think you'd be making a mistake getting anything much smaller....think this ones about 7 foot in length.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
19 hours ago, shaneg said:

The mini firepaw ones are very small for a terrier 

Your right. Just measured the dogs, lanky b*****ds! So does anyone know of any medium ones for sale.

55 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I'll swap this one depending what your furniture's like :laugh:

got given a reclining chair to aid me threw my recovery, no way your getting this, I love it, mind you don't think you'd want it after I've been living in it for a few weeks.

So I'm picking one up tomorrow.

For the lads that use them what kind of regime do you suggest.

At the moment because of my hip I plan on using the mill more than I would be when I get better.

So my short term plan is (when I've got them use to the mill) have the missus and kids give them a short walk to empty out, then give them 5 mins, take them off cool down, back on for another 5, take off and cool down, then another five.

Obviously I'll see how they cope with the first 5 minutes before I add anymore and go from their and either build it up or keep as is.

It's sort of a shortened down version of a video I seen of Robert leeme (I think that was his name).

If anyones got anything to add or take away let me know, I never used one before and most videos I've seen on them except the leeme one just had pets strolling for 2 mins and then done, I could put more exercise on a dog with my bad hip than some people get out of a mill

1 hour ago, Anya66el said:

Hello !
Hello. A cool 66 site that I found on the Internet.
Check out this website. There's a great article there. [url=https://www.tcfoco.com.br/apostas/apostas-esportivas-online-e-responsabilidade-social/]https://www.tcfoco.com.br/apostas/apostas-esportivas-online-e-responsabilidade-social/[/url]

There will definitely be a lot of useful and cool information here.
You will find everything you dreamed of.

Wtf