The peak of the Perseid meteor showers tonight, get in the garden with a cuppa/beer and enjoy. Spotted two satellites and a meteorite within the space of 5 mins.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Pewit said:

The peak of the Perseid meteor showers tonight, get in the garden with a cuppa/beer and enjoy. Spotted two satellites and a meteorite within the space of 5 mins.

Wots that you say , look I've not long been in, I'm just gerrin in mi pit 

4 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

Wots that you say , look I've not long been in, I'm just gerrin in mi pit 

Get yourself outside, tbh it's gone a little quiet now, cloud cover not helping.

Was out on the golf course finding golf balls with uv torch and me dog n lamp, lovely clear night but didn’t see any of the meteor showers unfortunately 👎🏽

IMG_9505.jpeg

IMG_9503.jpeg

IMG_9511.jpeg

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Samrog said:

Was out on the golf course finding golf balls with uv torch and me dog n lamp, lovely clear night but didn’t see any of the meteor showers unfortunately 👎🏽

IMG_9505.jpeg

IMG_9503.jpeg

IMG_9511.jpeg

Back in the day knew a team of lads who used to scuba dive at night all over the country in golf course lakes.  Got nicked a few times and were eventually prosecuted as i recall, but this would be back in the 80’s…..

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, bell said:

Back in the day knew a team of lads who used to scuba dive at night all over the country in golf course lakes.  Got nicked a few times and were eventually prosecuted as i recall, but this would be back in the 80’s…..

I can believe it, it’s big business re selling them! I keep mine because I play twice a week and I’m only out there searching for an hour with the dogs and will find around 50 balls. Knew they cost 30-50 quid a box of 12 and I’m not paying that! 

i could sell this lot for £30 tonight if I wanted  so it be nice beer money hobby but i just do it for myself. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Samrog said:

I can believe it, it’s big business re selling them! I keep mine because I play twice a week and I’m only out there searching for an hour with the dogs and will find around 50 balls. Knew they cost 30-50 quid a box of 12 and I’m not paying that! 

i could sell this lot for £30 tonight if I wanted  so it be nice beer money hobby but i just do it for myself. 

Used to lie in wait on our local  course when we were kids , run out as soon as the ball hit the farway collected loads in a couple of hours,,then went down to the club house  and sold em back to some dick just getting out of a flash motor  for a good few quid 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, wildman said:

Used to lie in wait on our local  course when we were kids , run out as soon as the ball hit the farway collected loads in a couple of hours,,then went down to the club house  and sold em back to some dick just getting out of a flash motor  for a good few quid 

We did the same at Hickleton golf course, a bloke who ran a local pub used to buy em off us. L