Thinking of taking my lad down to London in next couple of weeks....I can only go last minute as I never know how work is going to be, hence trains are daft expensive. 

If I drive down what's the best thing to do? Park somewhere on the outskirts and catch the tube in? Or is there a hotel somewhere with parking? What's all this emissions zones thing?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last time I went anywhere near London ( somewhere around harrow) there was signs up everywhere saying do not sh*t in the street, guessing must be for all the scientists, doctors and engineers that kee

Took the kids to Wembley last year to watch Blur, their faxes were a picture walking from the car park (we drove up and back), to the ground..." yes kids we are in London not Pakistan" ...lol

Did you park in someone's spot mac

Posted Images

50 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Thinking of taking my lad down to London in next couple of weeks....I can only go last minute as I never know how work is going to be, hence trains are daft expensive. 

If I drive down what's the best thing to do? Park somewhere on the outskirts and catch the tube in? Or is there a hotel somewhere with parking? What's all this emissions zones thing?

Gonna do a similar thing myself ,so I will be interested in replies .

2 minutes ago, Astanley said:

Gonna do a similar thing myself ,so I will be interested in replies .

Trains aren't that bad price wise if you go off peak....so it's just accomodation I'm stuck with now 

Love a few days/nights in London, loads to do abd great places to eat/drink... we usually get the train up now, its a complete pain in the ass driving with the ULEZ zones and parking, tube is easy to use and we walk a lot, you see more that way... I love visiting the city and I love coming back to the country a little bit more... have a good one mate, your lad will enjoy it..

• Like 1
14 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

If you are driving you are going to get rinsed, period ! 
Id make sure exactly how much you are getting rinsed for but no matter what happens you will be into the best part of £100 minimum (CC £12 + EZ £10 ? If your car complies + parking £7 plus an hour depending on make, year, engine emission etc etc, a big diesel will cost about £10 an hour ?…..oh, and you’ll keep having to move it every few hours…..London is designed to rinse anyone driving) 

Parking ticket £80 odd reduced rate

A gazillion ethnic traffic wardens who take pleasure in making everyone’s life a misery

The new extended Ultra Low Emission Zone starts way outside what anyone would consider “London” so be careful mate, it’s like a £200 fine or something for vehicles that don’t comply 

Basically, coming from your end of the country you’d be better staying in Luton !!! (f***ing hell, who’d be better staying in Luton ??) and getting the train in. 

Honestly lads, if you want to enjoy London at all, DONT DRIVE !

Get a train or coach. 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1

If you want cheap digs PM me. I know an old Irish lady that has a few B&B's near Wembley. Nothing fancy but clean enough and a decent breakfast, you'll save an arm & a leg as well.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Pewit said:

If you want cheap digs PM me. I know an old Irish lady that has a few B&B's near Wembley. Nothing fancy but clean enough and a decent breakfast, you'll save an arm & a leg as well.

Screenshot_20240509_163951_Facebook.jpg.0b989820bbe210be5ad1fc8f31c5de9c.jpg

• Haha 1